Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Double dipping

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
So you've got some of your wife's friends around for dinner and decide to lay on some nice crudités and houmous or some other such dip. Nice. Very nice. Until the minging looking one with the remnants of flu dips, bites, and dips again, thus depositing massive germs into the dipping pot. Then, the one with the cold sore on his/her bottom lip, does exactly the same. Dip, bite of celery, dip again, there you go everyone, have some of my herpes.

Never, ever, ever, double dip, it is disgusting.

Brighton to win Friday.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I would have gone out. If they are her friends coming round then she can look after them and make conversation

I would help set the stuff up/buy it etc. but have no intention of staying and eating humous with double dippers

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So you've got some of your wife's friends around for dinner and decide to lay on some nice crudités and houmous or some other such dip. Nice. Very nice. Until the minging looking one with the remnants of flu dips, bites, and dips again, thus depositing massive germs into the dipping pot. Then, the one with the cold sore on his/her bottom lip, does exactly the same. Dip, bite of celery, dip again, there you go everyone, have some of my herpes.

Brighton to win Friday.

ignorant pricks.....i would have stood on the coffee table and showered them in warm , processed magners........then gone out...tsk...!!

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
I feel your pain. Double dipping is a big no no. At a small gathering I am completely upfront and just tell people that obviously no double dipping, pretending to make a joke but being deadly serious. If it is a larger event, like making food and dips for a buffet, I actually make a cardboard sign and put it next to the dips saying no double dipping. Best to be upfront. I think it's lack of self awareness that makes people think its OK for others to eat your spit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Don't come round my house and dip your jammy knife in my butter or you're for it. Don't even THINK about double dipping your knife into my marmite either.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
While out having Sunday pub roast with Mrs V and her family her brother spooned some Apple Sauce from the jar provided on to his dinner and then licked the spoon clean before putting it back in the jar :sick:..... luckily I was on Roast Lamb.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
A couple of things to note.

If you're worried about Herpes, don't hang around with people with Herpes.

Also, maybe educate them? Or, alternatively, tell them to dip, bite, turn around the celery so the bit they've not gobbed all over is going in the dip, and then dip again.

Saying that, double dipping is awful.

On a side note... are we actually discussing double dipping or is this a euphemism for something more sinister?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Gave the Mrs an infection once, Probably best not to if you want to play the B side more than once in a relationship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Brighton to win Friday.
Had friends round the other day, with a dip on the table, and caught my daughter going for her second dunk with a piece of carrot. I stopped her and explained why she couldn't do it, and my friend was surprised as she thought it was fine to double dip. No, no it's not fine. We don't want your germs. Well actually I wouldn't mind hers, but that's besides the point.

Just like those of you that stick your dirty thumb over the top of a bottle of sparkling wine, or stick your finger in the food your cooking to taste it. As Alex Sibley would say, it's disgusting!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Provide paper plates so that guests can spoon the dips onto their own plates. They can then double dip as much as they want.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Don't come round my house and dip your jammy knife in my butter or you're for it. Don't even THINK about double dipping your knife into my marmite either.
So what's your view on toast crumbs liberally spread all over your Lurpak ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here