Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Replacement for Chicksen

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now that he has gone out on loan who can we bring in to replace him.

Some options:

Rhoys Wiggins gone from Sheff Wed to Bournemoiuth
Marcus Ollson Blackburn to Derby
Richie De Laet Leicester to Middlesbro
Ashley Cole Roma to LA Galalxy
Liam Bridgewell going back to USA

Only leaves a couple either bring back Gary Borrowdale or Chris brother Henry out of retirement , although he played for CPFC. We must sign somebody on loan or a free agent.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought de laet couldve been a decent bet but felt hed played at right back more than left.
Im sure there are options out there. Have leicester sent that chap who was at huddersfield out on loanagain or is he starting for them now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry I had to stick with the left back theme and thinking about it Gary Borrowdale wasnt that good when he was here and Henry Hughton did Gerry Ryan. The others were all possible but there were no left back available we were told..

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The difficulty is in availability and willingness to come here. Wiggins was a strange one. I still hope that regardless of Bongs return we get someone.during the loan window

Replacement for Chicksen?

Attachments

• Quorn.jpg
    Quorn.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 422

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
is there a vegan option ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Some options:

Only leaves a couple either bring back Gary Borrowdale or Chris brother Henry out of retirement , although he played for CPFC. We must sign somebody on loan or a free agent.

Why would we want to sign the player that ended Gerry Ryans career with that awful leg breaking tackle.

I dont think I've seen a more scared player on the pitch in the return game at the Goldstone where he spent the entire game onlytakinf one touch if the ball for fear of being tackled and came no where near the side of the putch due to the hostile reception.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Some options:

Why bring Henry Hughton out of retirement BG - That's an underwhelming signing.

I know we left you in charge of Left Back recruitment division but surely CH himself would be a better option given that he played at such a higher lever than Henry, gaining FA Cup and European Winners medals

Your JLoyd Samuel suggestion is starting to sound like your best suggestion to date but hey - I am biased as JLoyd was once a client of mine in the mid to late 90s.

BTW : Just to put this to bed BG. There are no plans to add a left back to the squad. Bong is expected to be back by the time Ridgewell goes back to the US

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would suggest Bong as the ideal alternative to Chicksen at left back. With Rosenior as cover, and Calde as third choice if they both get unlucky enough to be injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here