Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Pro Kabaddi on Sky Sports 4 now...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have been watching for 10 minutes... can't quite work it out... something like British Bulldog?

Any cognoscenti on NSC who understand it?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Loving the commentators... and there is an amusing touch of the Benny Hill's about the umpire/referee chap :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is that the one where the bloke in the middle has to repeat the same word constantly?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You have to say kabbadi without breathing

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I have been watching for 10 minutes... can't quite work it out... something like British Bulldog?

Any cognoscenti on NSC who understand it?

Have'nt got a clue, what am I up to now?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
'Attacker' has to try and touch a 'defender' and get back 'home' whilst chanting kabaddi to prove he is holding his breath.

The 'defenders' have to try and stop him getting 'home'.

If a player is touched or doesn't get home, they sit out. If an attacker touches and gets back, he can bring 'out' players back in.

That's as much as I understand.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
'Attacker' has to try and touch a 'defender' and get back 'home' whilst chanting kabaddi to prove he is holding his breath.

The 'defenders' have to try and stop him getting 'home'.

If a player is touched or doesn't get home, they sit out. If an attacker touches and gets back, he can bring 'out' players back in.

That's as much as I understand.

Thanks... that seems to be what is going on... no obvious chanting or breath-holding going on though... and what's with the hand holding??

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
WTF was that?! 'Super tackle' animated graphic... is that the Kabaddi equivalent of goal music??

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Preferred the old days when it was all on sand

Much as I love the unconventional - I preferred the old days when Sky showed football on Wednesdays. Aberdeen v Celtic doesn't do it for me when there is a Barcelona game happening - and great though kabbadi is I see it as another place holder to mask their loss of substantial rights. Eric Bristow's greatest moments and kabbadi is probably not what I signed up to subscribe for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here