Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vardys stunning goal....

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
So everyone is talking about his stunning volley, and a beauty it was...

But I can't help but notice it's a carbon copy of THAT Rohan Ince volley?

Didn't see the world pay attention to our Rohan did we!

This is why we need to get to the prem!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Swindon Ince effort was better in a way, but caught fully on the volley as opposed to on the bounce. He had also raced the full length of the field first.

Suspect Vardys was further out though.

Virmin

Jan 31, 2016
Nah Ince's volley was superb from a good 30yrds, but it was the cross which made the goal

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Vardy chased a long ball over the top, allowed the ball to bounce once in front of him, before hitting a dipping volley over the keeper into the centre of the goal.

Ince broke up an attack on the edge of his own box, charged 70 yards up the pitch, before catching a left wing cross full on the volley, crashing the ball into the far top corner.

Carbon copies ? ???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ince's goal was better because it was so much harder for him to get the timing right

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Vardy - Noticed the keeper off his line during the game and hit a perfectly lobbed shot on the volley from about 30 yards out.

Ince - Ball crossed in to about 20 yards out and hit first time, without a bounce, like a rocket into the goal.

Two brilliant goals from range but I wouldn't say "carbon copy"

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
You have to add context.

This is why Maradonna who won the world cup for his country during bad times for them as a rag to riches boy. Is better than Messi imho and many others.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have to add context.

This is why Maradonna who won the world cup for his country during bad times for them as a rag to riches boy. Is better than Messi imho and many others.

I have no idea what this has to do with this thread.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You have to add context.

I'd have to agree with this.

Without adding context, I'd say Ince's goal was better. Catching the ball on the volley as it comes across you without letting it bounce is far harder than larroping a bouncing ball that sits up in front of you. Anyone who has played the game will tell you that.

But then you do have to add context because Vardy's goal was fabulous. Everybody is watching him, and indeed were watching that game. This wasn't some nothing league cup round one match - Leicester's season depends on moments like these, and he has delivered just when he was needed.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
If you want a carbon copy of the Vardy goal, look no further:
[video]https://gfycat.com/ImmaterialMajesticKodiakbear[/video]

Clint Dempsey for Fulham against Stoke in 2010. It's pretty much the same goal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If you want a carbon copy of the Vardy goal, look no further:
[video]https://gfycat.com/ImmaterialMajesticKodiakbear[/video]

Clint Dempsey for Fulham against Stoke in 2010. It's pretty much the same goal.

Yes, he's a hit a bouncing ball from the same area of the pitch. But Dempsey didn't have to run 30 yards to reach it, then check his run to adjust himself before shooting. He's also slightly more central, meaning he had more of the goal to aim at.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm not so sure...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here