Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX: Semi Final 2***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Semi final two is an interesting one. On the one hand we have the reigning champion attempting to reach his fifth final and become the first beast since the Polar Bear to successfully defend his title. On the other hand we have a beast that has had a back and front page-tastic tournament, a beast that from the nominations thread on has created a real stir amongst the fan base but who, when pitted against the honey badger, won his quarter final in frankly unedifying circumstances. What will the reaction, if any, to that be?

Who will make the Animal Dome? The reigning champion or will we have two new finalists for the first time since 2010? YOU decide.

Salt Water Crocodile

Saltwater_crocodile.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saltwater_crocodile

WHC IX performance:

Quarter final: Beat Siberian Tiger 77-75
Second round: beat Grizzly Bear 37-23
Group D: 1st 41 votes(35.04%)

It's hard to say anything new about the SWC. After the Polar Bear he is the most successful beast in WHC history. He's in his ninth successive semi final looking to reach his second consecutive final and fifth overall. Oh yeah, he's the reigning champion. How has he achieved such a rarefied position. By being incredibly hard. Obviously. By now you know what he brings to the table but I'll go through it anyway. He has outlasted the dinosaurs. Humongous meteorite destroying life on earth? The croc just shrugged and said 'nah, mate. Think I'll keep on living'. He can kill you on land or in water(prefers water though). He has his own killing move(the death roll). He has the most powerful pound for pound bite force in the world(even stronger than the estimated bite force of a T-Rex). He can survive with no real effect on his efficacy as a killing machine with missing limbs or tail. He gets into fights (although doesn't always win) with anything. He looks ****ing hideously scary. So, yeah, that's basically why he's back in the semi finals. Is it enough to see him through to the final of WHC IX? We'll know the answer to that in 48 short hours.

Vs

Malayan Sun Bear

malayan-sun-bear_img01-l.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_bear

WHC IX performance:

Quarter final: Beat Honey Badger 120-116
Second round: Beat African Elephant 63-29
Group D: 2nd 25 votes(21.37%)

The Malayan Sun Bear enters the semi final on a wave of controversy after his sensational(for whatever reason you wish to choose) victory over the honey badger, but don't let that murky event cloud what has been a magnificent break out campaign form the M.S.B. Since the opening of the nomintions thread back in early January there has been a real buzz about the Sun Bear and now he stands one step away from the Animal Dome. How has he done it(quarter final not withstanding)? Aggression and attitude mostly. He's an omnivore and smallest of the Bear family. He's not much of a hunter so his fight skills aren't honed out of a need for food instead they are the result of his attitude. Surprise or provoke him and in your in the shit. I fact he's the only bear that will charge humans for no reason. He just wants to inflict some damage. He's an all in kind of beast, no attempt to scare you off, he goes straight for your face with his razor sharp, long claws and tries to rip it right off your skull. Is his face flaying enough to see him into the Animal Dome and the final of WHC IX? It's up to you...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Tactical vote for the Croc, I don't care who wins.

#teambadgerforlife

Last edited:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Regardless of perceived hardness I cannot in good conscience vote for the bear considering the skulduggery of its supporters, who, through vote-rigging, have condemned the noble Honey Badger to ignominy.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Let's grind the bear into the dirt.

#AnythingButTheBear

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Regardless of perceived hardness I cannot in good conscience vote for the bear considering the skulduggery of its supporters, who, through vote-rigging, have condemned the noble Honey Badger to ignominy.

Thing is, most of the badger haters won't want the Bear or the Wolverine winning either, they'll be firmly in the Croc camp because he's just too OBVIOUS.

The best possible outcome for a thumb in the eye of the anti-badgerista's would be a Wolverine v Bear final.

Vote #BearvWolverine

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why are apex predators even allowed IN the competition? Sake. Embarrassing.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I see the Badger Fascists are crying in their honey as usual :laugh:

Get over it ya fecking cry babies.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is that why a croc shits itself when a hippo is nearby?

I dont vote Croc for that very reason.

But hypothetically, if a pack of say 3 or 4 Velociraptors were in a field, you know, just hanging around , and a hunting Tiger spotted them from the bush , it would definitely have a go I reckon.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The face-ripping bear should proceed to it's debut final, the second round performance should have shown that quater final was no fluke. As always the Badger Boys have to come with some pathetic conspiracy theory as to why their boy came up short yet again.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good point, but I bet some of them would still have a go at something bigger and stronger if it came along.

We'll never know. That's like saying I bet Lionel Messi would be the best in the world at Cricket, he's just never played it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here