Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - "Fans need to play their part"

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bobby Zamora has fired up Albion fans as they prepare for a home double-header. The Seagulls host Brentford on Friday night and struggling Bolton eight days later.

Albion reignited their promotion push with two wins and Zamora told The Argus: “We had an unbeaten run, then went on a not so great run. Each of those had to come to an end. That’s what has happened and we are back on track and working hard."

"The fans are magnificent and they have got to realise they can make a difference. Whether we are not playing great or whatever, just keep supporting us."

“They have been absolutely brilliant. They make a big difference and it’s strange they don’t realise that."

“They can be a part of us winning games.”

Will you be playing your part on Friday night? Or will you leave it to others to do?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Bobby Zamora has fired up Albion fans as they prepare for a home double-header. The Seagulls host Brentford on Friday night and struggling Bolton eight days later.

Albion reignited their promotion push with two wins and Zamora told The Argus: “We had an unbeaten run, then went on a not so great run. Each of those had to come to an end. That’s what has happened and we are back on track and working hard."

"The fans are magnificent and they have got to realise they can make a difference. Whether we are not playing great or whatever, just keep supporting us."

“They have been absolutely brilliant. They make a big difference and it’s strange they don’t realise that."

“They can be a part of us winning games.”

Will you be playing your part on Friday night? Or will you leave it to others to do?

I'm going to sit there silently, glumly staring into the abyss - isn't that why we all go to football matches on a Friday night?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Playing my part! Haven't seen a game since the Middlesboro debacle I am CHOMPING at the bit!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Lots of noise will be going on from our bit of the North :banana:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bobby is right to make these comments. The atmosphere for most of the season has been 7/10 and the amount of times the place has been rocking for a sustained period of time are few and far between.

I put this down in part to the fact every game goes down to the wire so there's an edginess when we play, coupled with the expectation that a Dunk howler is never far away.

We really need a thumping 3 or 4 goal win to give everyone real belief that we are truly a superior side.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Taken the day off work.. Meeting up for a few beers from 3.
I suspect by kick off,I will be in the right frame of mind, to offer some verbal encouragement!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bobby is right to make these comments. The atmosphere for most of the season has been 7/10 and the amount of times the place has been rocking for a sustained period of time are few and far between.

I put this down in part to the fact every game goes down to the wire so there's an edginess when we play, coupled with the expectation that a Dunk howler is never far away.

We really need a thumping 3 or 4 goal win to give everyone real belief that we are truly a superior side.

I'm sort of with you on your comments but we still have the major issue that we don't all sing with one voice. First couple of seasons the West Upper was very noisy, now it seems to slumber with the East. Even the SW corner is much quieter than it was.

But the main issue is still in the North Stand. Despite the club's letter last summer saying that they wanted to move the 3 or 4 different singing groups in the North together, nothing ever happened. It is always going to be tricky when there are often two or three different songs coming out of the North at the same time.

Unallocated seating or safe standing are the best ways to get all the singers together. But we know that is never going to happen. Maybe Bobby could have a word in Barber's ear!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sort of with you on your comments but we still have the major issue that we don't all sing with one voice. First couple of seasons the West Upper was very noisy, now it seems to slumber with the East. Even the SW corner is much quieter than it was.

But the main issue is still in the North Stand. Despite the club's letter last summer saying that they wanted to move the 3 or 4 different singing groups in the North together, nothing ever happened. It is always going to be tricky when there are often two or three different songs coming out of the North at the same time.

Unallocated seating or safe standing are the best ways to get all the singers together. But we know that is never going to happen. Maybe Bobby could have a word in Barber's ear!

WSU is where I sit. There are plenty that sing but too many that sit on their hands. I agree that from where I sit the North Stand sounds fragmented, but apart from that where are the new songs? Nothing for Zamora, nothing for Kayal, nothing for Stockdale. Your can't blame the Amex for that as Buckley and Ulloa both got songs.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
WFH on Friday - intend to get a train over with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and have a few drinks to get my vocal chords limbered up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The biggest issue for me is there appears to be a group in the North who are determined to sing songs that no one else knows. Really ruins it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Assuming I'm allowed on the pitch on Friday night, I'll be more than happy to tuck away some of the chances that Barnes would have tucked away.

Else sadly I may have to leave it to others to do. Y'know, the ones that get PAID to do it. :moo:

:goal:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The biggest issue for me is there appears to be a group in the North who are determined to sing songs that no one else knows. Really ruins it.

Is it really that hard to learn the songs though? Now I'm no genius but usually after it's been repeated 1/2 times I can usually work out most the words and start to join in.. Would you rather they never sung any new songs because our fans are too lazy to try learn something new?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
WFH on Friday - intend to get a train over with [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and have a few drinks to get my vocal chords limbered up.

News to me.

I might be persuaded however.

That aside, this is bollocks: "Bobby Zamora has fired up Albion fans". He has tried to fire up Albion fans. Who knows, yet, whether he has or not?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That aside, this is bollocks: "Bobby Zamora has fired up Albion fans". He has tried to fire up Albion fans. Who knows, yet, whether he has or not?
Quite. Bobby's call to arms won't have much effect on cynical curmudgeons like THPP ...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
News to me.

I might be persuaded however.

I thought you might be open to persuasion.

Very few players could get away with this 'criticism' of the fans, Bobby is about the only one in the current team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is it really that hard to learn the songs though? Now I'm no genius but usually after it's been repeated 1/2 times I can usually work out most the words and start to join in.. Would you rather they never sung any new songs because our fans are too lazy to try learn something new?

They seem to intentionally sing different songs at the SAME TIME that people are singing other songs though. And only sing songs that are obscure/new, rather than joining in with everyone else. I don't really care what we sing within reason, it's VOLUME that matters.

That said, some of the songs they sing are ****ing awful as well, hence why they haven't taken off. E.G. That Rohan Ince monstrosity.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Quite. Bobby's call to arms won't have much effect on cynical curmudgeons like THPP ...

Won't make a jackshit bit of difference anyways. Why would it? The loudest we'll be all night is the pre-ko muppet show that is ring of fire :shrug:

Excellent use of the much-underused word 'curmudgeons' BTW :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here