Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester City

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are a widely available 5/1 and that is beginning to look like value!

Unbelievable season, clearly. What an inspiration they've been this season to around 50 clubs, who must all look at them and think "if they can do it, so can we". Apart from Norwich in the early 1990s, I don't think a provincial club has made a dent on the top 3 or 4 and a serious title challenge (without being bankrolled as Blackburn were) since Forest and Derby in the 70s.

But now there are just 14 games left and they 3 points clear (10 clear of 5th). Their next two games are Man City away and Arsenal away - their fans will be sort of cacking it, but I think if I was a Leicester player, I'd be absolutely LAPPING up these two games. They must be thinking "if we can avoid defeat in both, we have a real chance here". If they do manage that, the very worst position they will find themselves is a point clear with twelve to play, but more likely they'll be 3 points clear because the day they play Arsenal, City play Spurs so could well drop points themselves.

After Sunday 14th Feb, I reckon Leicester actually have one of the easiest run-ins, aided by Man City's eminent fixture pile-up. Look at their fixtures:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/fixtures

After the next two, it doesn't look at all bad until their last three games.

So what are your thoughts, can Leicester do it? I am beginning to think they really, really can if they can keep their first choice front players fit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They have a chance. They are full of self belief at the moment and managed to survive a mini-wobble and come back to the top. I agree that the next two games for them are an opportunity to put the hammer down rather than games to be afraid of.

I may well watch their game saturday could be an absolute corker. At worst I see them staying in the top four, but it would be an outstanding acheivement forthem to win it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They have a chance. They are full of self belief at the moment and managed to survive a mini-wobble and come back to the top. I agree that the next two games for them are an opportunity to put the hammer down rather than games to be afraid of.

I may well watch their game saturday could be an absolute corker. At worst I see them staying in the top four, but it would be an outstanding acheivement forthem to win it.

I fancy them to score at Man City. They look so good up front with Mahrez, Albrighton, Kazaki and Vardy all in the form of their lives, and City's defence isn't all that by top standards, certainly without Vincent Kompany.

I'll be lumping on >2.5 goals in that game - no idea what the result will be. But if Leicester win it, they'll go from 5/1 to about 5/2.

Would love them to win the title,even swap an Albion promotion if the foxes could win the prem!
I stopped short of saying this, but if someone offered me the choice between a Palace relegation and Leicester winning the title, I'd go for Leicester all day long.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I fancy them to score at Man City. They look so good up front with Mahrez, Albrighton, Kazaki and Vardy all in the form of their lives, and City's defence isn't all that by top standards, certainly without Vincent Kompany.

I'll be lumping on >2.5 goals in that game - no idea what the result will be. But if Leicester win it, they'll go from 5/1 to about 5/2.

That City defence is poor without Komany and they do not like being run at. Leicester have pace all over the shop not just with running but decent fast braking passing (last night a case in point). I'll be stunned if that is 0-0 saturday. Quite fancy the prospect of a couple of pints and a pub tv to watch this one now.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
They are out of the FA Cup and not in Europe. Yes they have a great chance and I fancy odds of 5/1 as a good punt.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
As someone who's pretty neutral about them, that goal last night had the feel of a real crowning moment - what a dreadful let down it would be if moneybags Man City pipped them to it but that's fitba.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
if you care to troll back you will see that i have a number of lester fans as good buddies.....they are currently tight lipped as i was when we were top of the league before christmas.....it is worth noting that ranieri is on 1.5 million for the season which will be doubled if they make the top 6 , a massive middle finger to the money bags clubs in the prem......i would probably piss myself whilst falling off my stool dressed as a parisian hooker circa 1920 if lester win the league...........but i think it will be citeh.....!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That goal from Vardy last night sums them up perfectly.

At 0-0, you aren't going to take that kind of shot on unless you are absolutely BRIMMING with self-belief and confidence.

They will fancy themselves to score on Saturday.

And Ranieri is brilliant isn't he?

Yep, Vardy is superb that goal was something else, and Ranieri is a good man as well as manager. Good luck to them.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Im starting to believe they might do it!!

I have often said that what the point of us being promoted to a league where we have no hope of winning but Leicester have bucked that trend and given hope to clubs like us that finishing 17th is the best we can hope for

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would love them to win the title,even swap an Albion promotion if the foxes could win the prem!

Old_man_fishing.jpg

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It would be fantastic for football if they did it. This season is by the far the most I've ever been interested in the Premier League. Usually I find it a massive over rated bore but this year has been BRILLIANT.

This might not be as popular but I'm also really enjoying Spurs this season. Love the way they play and how Kane, Alli and Dier are progressing from an England point of view. So if Leicester can't do it, I hope Spurs do.

The run in might do Leicester a big favour as City, Arsenal (who aren't really a threat in my eyes anyway) and Spurs all have a lot more games to play.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Not sure you are an Albion fan these days so easy for you to come to this fecking RIDICULOUS conclusion

Love them to do it but think they will crack, but I am looking at this from an Albion perspective and we would definitely blow it :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here