Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Man tries to blow up plane. Fails.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blimey. You'd consider this one of your nine lives used up.

Plane bomb hole.jpg

A burning man was reportedly sucked out of a hole in a plane apparently caused by a bomb, forcing the aircraft to make an emergency landing in Mogadishu on Tuesday.

An explosion and fire blew a gaping hole in the commercial airliner, with the pilot later saying he thought it was a bomb.

An aviation expert who looked at photographs of the hole in the fuselage said the damage was consistent with an explosive device.

There were reports that an unidentified elderly man, engulfed in flames, was sucked out of the hole in the fuselage of Flight D3159.

"Thank god it ended well," the 64-year-old pilot said.

More >>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...m=Edi_FAM_New_2016_02_03&utm_campaign=DM85419

Yoda

English & European

View attachment 72050

A burning man was reportedly sucked out of a hole in a plane apparently caused by a bomb, forcing the aircraft to make an emergency landing in Mogadishu on Tuesday.

An explosion and fire blew a gaping hole in the commercial airliner, with the pilot later saying he thought it was a bomb.

An aviation expert who looked at photographs of the hole in the fuselage said the damage was consistent with an explosive device.

There were reports that an unidentified elderly man, engulfed in flames, was sucked out of the hole in the fuselage of Flight D3159.

More >>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...m=Edi_FAM_New_2016_02_03&utm_campaign=DM85419

I hate it when they say that. BLOWN out, you are blown out by the change in pressure suddenly trying to equalise.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

View attachment 72050

Seems the bench mark has been set pretty high already for the Darwin award this year,

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I hate it when they say that. BLOWN out, you are blown out by the change in pressure suddenly trying to equalise.

Can honestly say that has never bothered me and I have never twigged.

However, now that you have mentioned it, I am sure it will wind me up almost as much as 'for free'

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
The passengers seem pretty calm all things considered.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. A guy has tried to blow the plane up, the masks are down, there is a hole in the side of the plane and they are sat there looking pretty calm (I haven;t got the sound on as at work so the place could be going mental but doesn't look like it)

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can honestly say that has never bothered me and I have never twigged

You're a grown man (I assume) and you've only just learned there's a difference between being sucked and being blown? There's a thing.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So you're on a plane, somebody tries to blow it up, then the aircraft ends up with a huge hole in the fuselage.

And then you're told you've got to land in Mogadishu, of all places.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So you're on a plane, somebody tries to blow it up, then the aircraft ends up with a huge hole in the fuselage.

And then you're told you've got to land in Mogadishu, of all places.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

Presumably it's like when a car window gets taken out - they stopped, patched it up with some plastic and strong black tape and were soon on their way again?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Presumably it's like when a car window gets taken out - they stopped, patched it up with some plastic and strong black tape and were soon on their way again?

Have you not seen " The Martian ".... its totally possible.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here