Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I used to like Derby...

- A proper football club with good heritage.
- A fantastic level of support that didn't really drop away when they were treading water in the Championship.
- A good stadium that's not like all the other identikit bowls built around the same time.
- An ethos for bringing through their own.
- Look to play decent football.

I was genuinely disappointed for them when they failed to go up after beating us in the playoffs and I took no delight in their implosion last season.

This season, however, I really don't like them at all. Implode away again, Derby please.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't hate Derby, but long may their entertaining meltdown and implosion continue !

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
I used to like Derby...

- A proper football club with good heritage.
- A fantastic level of support that didn't really drop away when they were treading water in the Championship.
- A good stadium that's not like all the other identikit bowls built around the same time.
- An ethos for bringing through their own.
- Look to play decent football.

I was genuinely disappointed for them when they failed to go up after beating us in the playoffs and I took no delight in their implosion last season.

This season, however, I really don't like them at all. Implode away again, Derby please.

Derby is the exact same stadium as the riverside. Derby used the plans from the riverside to build their stadium. The only difference, we have around 800 more seats and they have a few more executive boxes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A team of hammer throwers, from what I saw - very old-fashioned. And seemingly a CLASSIC set of overexpectant fans. I'm always quite happy to see them implode after Christmas, like a disused power station's cooling tower.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Derby is the exact same stadium as the riverside. Derby used the plans from the riverside to build their stadium. The only difference, we have around 800 more seats and they have a few more executive boxes.

...and theirs appears to full of twats.

Stumpy Tim

This "implosion" seems a bit overstated to me. They're on a bad run, but so were we a couple of weeks ago. Boro will have a bad run too, and I'm sure Hull will slip up.

I couldn't care less about Derby, except for the fact they're one of our main challengers

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

The Riverside is the only stadium my wife recognises on TV - she says "that's the one where all the seats are empty".

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This "implosion" seems a bit overstated to me. They're on a bad run, but so were we a couple of weeks ago. Boro will have a bad run too, and I'm sure Hull will slip up.

I couldn't care less about Derby, except for the fact they're one of our main challengers

I'm not suggesting they have, yet, this season. They did last year though and I would welcome a repeat should it happen.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I might be wrong, but there seems to be a sense of entitlement about that club that makes me want them to go right down the shitter. Also a sense that the media love them too much at the expense of other promotion chasing clubs like Brighton and Hove Albion FC. I never bought into the whole 'good luck to them in the playoffs' nonsense after they dismantled us over two legs.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
The Riverside is the only stadium my wife recognises on TV - she says "that's the one where all the seats are empty".

Attendances are creeping up again, should be around 30k on sat. Your wife should have a new view next season and instead of looking at the east stand she will be able to view the main stand, the west.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I did not know that. Presumably the differences occurred due to how you filled in the two open corners at the Riverside? Derby filled one of theirs with executive boxes from the off, which is quite quirky.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Too many big name players. Anyway we have no chance of top 2 unless we can beat all of the top 5 teams when we play them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The 'implosion' impression has a lot to do with the Derby chairman totally losing it and storming into the dressing room shouting the odds a couple of games ago.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Around 24k, about a 1k less than you but we don't get any away fans. About 3 teams a season bring over 1000 fans to us.

Things seem to be on the up generally...

2010/11 - 16,769
2011/12 - 17.982
2012/13 - 17,106
2013/14 - 15,965
2014/15 - 19,771
2015/16 - 23,416 (over 1,500 behind us currently)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here