Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manu regrets joining Brighton!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I forget we spent £1.5 big ones...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Was hoping for something new but identical to the article discussed at length on here days ago

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He of all players should work harder to avoid the obvious joke that his surname ends with a silent RE. Unfortunately he's done nothing to prevent that. The jokes on us though......£1.5m? :eek:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He regrets joining us, not as much as we regret wasting £1.5m plus wages on him!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Be positive - he will get game time and may come back a proper player. He hasn't shown that he can be that with limie

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Got potential and it seems that the Dutch game is not as quick as the Championship and he did not get up to speed. If Baldock kept me out of the side, I would feel a bit aggrieved.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Got potential and it seems that the Dutch game is not as quick as the Championship and he did not get up to speed. If Baldock kept me out of the side, I would feel a bit aggrieved.

Baldock that was pivotal to our start to the season as opposed to that waster Manu ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So many so quick to write him off.

He hasn't been good but equally he hasn't had an extended run in the team. I think there is something about him and hope he'll return a much better player, and I reckon there is a 50/50 chance that will happen.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So many so quick to write him off.

He hasn't been good but equally he hasn't had an extended run in the team. I think there is something about him and hope he'll return a much better player, and I reckon there is a 50/50 chance that will happen.

Shouldn't a £1.5m player do a little bit better off the blocks though? Or are we really being too expectant? I didn't think we'd got so big that a Champions league top European league player is only good enough to go into our development squad or compete for a place on the bench (which he often couldn't) or, as has turned out, needs to go out on loan to a 'lesser' team to get up to scratch. Hmmmm, jury still out I guess...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shouldn't a £1.5m player do a little bit better off the blocks though? Or are we really being too expectant? I didn't think we'd got so big that a Champions league top European league player is only good enough to go into our development squad or compete for a place on the bench (which he often couldn't) or, as has turned out, needs to go out on loan to a 'lesser' team to get up to scratch. Hmmmm, jury still out I guess...
1.5m isnt high enough these days for a striker to be nailed on to fit right in and score regularly. It's actually a bit of a punt.

If he was that good, Feyernoord wouldn't have binned him off.

I think he's a punchy, pacey player who has been trying too hard and forgotten some of the basics. But honestly, he could well be a confidence player who, if he gets a run of games and scores one or two, could well end up being the player we all wanted. Time will tell. He's not been good enough, but I'm not yet ready to write him off.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
What a terrible attitude to have.

What we should be hearing is "I plan to show what I'm capable of at Huddersfield, and come back to fight for my place at Brighton" - but the arrogance and sense of entitlement expressed by Manu here, considering he has shown he has barely even mastered beating the offside trap, is astounding. Extremely disrespectful and unprofessional.

I strongly suspect this is going to be one of those signings that just doesn't work out for us.... but hey, you can't win them all.

But theres nothing in that piece from Elvis since he went to huddersfield. Just rehashed quotes from the dutch press interview last week. He didnt know he was going to huddersfield then so why would he say he was going to prove himself there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
1.5m isnt high enough these days for a striker to be nailed on to fit right in and score regularly. It's actually a bit of a punt.

If he was that good, Feyernoord wouldn't have binned him off.

I think he's a punchy, pacey player who has been trying too hard and forgotten some of the basics. But honestly, he could well be a confidence player who, if he gets a run of games and scores one or two, could well end up being the player we all wanted. Time will tell. He's not been good enough, but I'm not yet ready to write him off.

Fair enough although I didn't think he was a striker. Sincerely. He's showed some pace and that's about it. His attitude is questionable now and possibly explains why he hasn't and probably won't ever make an impact with us. I'm ready to right him off though. I think it's more likely than him creating a name for himself with us. Passing him onto Huddersfield is a win win for us and hopefully he'll do well enough to recoup some of that fee.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fair enough although I didn't think he was a striker. Sincerely. He's showed some pace and that's about it. His attitude is questionable now and possibly explains why he hasn't and probably won't ever make an impact with us. I'm ready to right him off though. I think it's more likely than him creating a name for himself with us. Passing him onto Huddersfield is a win win for us and hopefully he'll do well enough to recoup some of that fee.
When this article first came out, I was pleased that he was pissed off. It is crunch time now though. He can either knuckle down and work hard having been given a massive opportunity to prove himself at this level (when he'll either end up back here doing what we paid him to do or will reignite his career at a different Championship club), or he can fail to cut the mustard again, whine to the press and end up back in Holland at some tiny little club like PEC Zwolle.

As I say, I don't know the outcome and we will be able to tell a lot about him soon enough.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here