Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Really? No Palace-Baiting Thread About Parish Trying to Screw Pulis out of £1m?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw this on SSN earlier and expected there to be a thread about this on here, already attracting palace fans who have nothing better to do with their time then trawl another teams messageboard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...m-bonus-ensuring-Premier-League-survival.html

Essentially, Pulis earned a £1m bonus for miraculously keeping Palace up. He asked to be paid ahead of the contracted time. Palace agreed.

Pulis then quit palace and now Parish refuses to give him the bonus he earned. They are currently in a tribunal.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is this thread about how long it takes dougie to reply and bore the fu*k out of us?

Don't be silly, the best fans in the Premier League will ALL be at the game tonight, no self respecting Ppalace fan would ever miss a home game

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Prince Charming sitting on his Jenga throne in his House of Cards refusing to pay Pulis :lolol:

So un-newsworthy that it's not even worth being on Page 5 of The Other Stuff.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Great story, you couldn't make it up....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So un-newsworthy that it's not even worth being on Page 5 of The Other Stuff.

Clearly. I am genuinely surprised how 'eh' the response has been to this story. I was expecting to see someone else had started a similar thread today.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
"Palace owe someone money and are refusing to pay"

There's a line I never thought I'd see.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The trolls are still in hiding, but I"m sure they'll be along soon to spin how honourable palace are being in all this :jester:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think he has been paid the money (that he rightfully earned by keeping them up), and Prince Charming wants it back because he walked away just before the season started (an agreement originally called mutual by both parties).

Also wants compensation for the costs of appointing Colin and Pardiola.

Surely they have made far more money by staying in the Prem, than they would of if they had got relegated, which would have happened without Pulis.

I have no idea what they are on about.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I saw this on SSN earlier and expected there to be a thread about this on here, already attracting palace fans who have nothing better to do with their time then trawl another teams messageboard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...m-bonus-ensuring-Premier-League-survival.html

Essentially, Pulis earned a £1m bonus for miraculously keeping Palace up. He asked to be paid ahead of the contracted time. Palace agreed.

Pulis then quit palace and now Parish refuses to give him the bonus he earned. They are currently in a tribunal.

All Pulis had to do was sit tight at Palace until the 'contracted time', pocket the bonus, and THEN move on. Palace would doubtless have still tried to weasel their way out of paying up, but any tribunal would have found in favour of Pulis, assuming the contract was watertight. Can only assume his agreement with Palace to be paid ahead of the contracted time was less watertight and failed to include a clause about jumping ship earlydoors. In the end tho, both parties fully deserve each other.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
At the risk of being controversial, I think I have some sympathy with Parrish here.

On the face of it here is an employee who has broken his contract by resigning and then expected to be have part of the (broken) contract honored.

Is that fair ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
iirc Pulis was very reluctant to stay as he didnt like the way Parish did business (like changing a deal at last minute). he stayed on over the summer without committing and then left abruptly. with this case it seems he was simply holding out for the bonus, already earned but not paid out, as he expected not to get it otherwise.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Crystal Palace FC in not paying their debts shocker!

They do it so regularly its hardly even newsworthy.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What did Pulis expect having chosen to work for that bunch of c*nts?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have you seen Parish's hairdresser bills? They don't pay themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here