Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amir Khan

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
khan never ducks a fight to be fair, he has fought everyone bar Pac Man and Mayweather and they had the pick of who they fought.

Khan will fight Brook at some stage I am sure, despite the haggling over money it will get done.

MIddleweight is interesting though, Khan will be too chinny at a bigger weight in my opinion.

Some cracking domestic opposition at that weight too.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Khan fighting at Middleweight? Blimey, I can only see this ending one way.

155lb catch weight for the middleweight title but yeah I felt the same when I heard.

I suppose he's thinking that he has nothing to lose, massive PPV fight so huge returns and if he loses then blames the weight and goes back down.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
khan never ducks a fight to be fair, he has fought everyone bar Pac Man and Mayweather and they had the pick of who they fought.

Khan will fight Brook at some stage I am sure, despite the haggling over money it will get done.

MIddleweight is interesting though, Khan will be too chinny at a bigger weight in my opinion.

Some cracking domestic opposition at that weight too.

You are right but hasn't stopped people claiming that he is avoiding Kell Brooke or that he wont fight a puncher again. Going up to middleweight to fight Canelo puts that argument well and truly to bed!

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Superb fight. See no reason he can't win this. Will shut Brook up for a while which is nice as his voice gets on my tits.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
You are right but hasn't stopped people claiming that he is avoiding Kell Brooke or that he wont fight a puncher again. Going up to middleweight to fight Canelo puts that argument well and truly to bed!

I think he is avoiding Kell Brook. If he loses to Canelo, which is widely expected, it will not be the end for him. He will just go back down do 147 and fight guys like Algerie. The Wembley pay day would still be there for him.

If he loses to Brook he is finished and he knows that.

Still, brave move going in with Canelo who is very dangerous. Speed can beat Canelo but I don't think Amir can keep the discipline for 12 rounds against a guy like Canelo.

Canelo by KO in 4-6.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Khan will impress with his hand speed in the first couple of rounds but lack any real power to worry Alverez .

By round 3 Alverez will have worked him out. One decent shit to Khans chin and it will be all over rather quickly .

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Khan will impress with his hand speed in the first couple of rounds but lack any real power to worry Alverez .

Yep. Khan lacked power a 140lbs so he will be feather fisted at 155. Canelo will be about 168 on fight night.

Khan lacks the ring IQ to go 12 rounds without getting into to trouble, even Chris Algerie got to Khan and had him worried.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Khan as a Middleweight?

Imagine Khan Vs GGG/Saunders/Eubank Jr/Lee

Plus obviously Alvarez.

I can't see him being anything other than battered within 6 rounds.

Will definitely watch this one though.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Canelo will just stalk him all night. Against Cotto, I thought he was very one dimensional and slow. If Khan uses just an inch of his brain, he may win this one.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
It's a shot to nothing for Khan. If he wins it it's massive, if he loses, no-one expected him to win so no serious damage done to his career.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think he is avoiding Kell Brook. If he loses to Canelo, which is widely expected, it will not be the end for him. He will just go back down do 147 and fight guys like Algerie. The Wembley pay day would still be there for him.

Still, brave move going in with Canelo who is very dangerous. Speed can beat Canelo but I don't think Amir can keep the discipline for 12 rounds against a guy like Canelo.

Canelo by KO in 4-6.

He is far more likely to lose to Canelo than Brook so i really dont see it as avoiding Brook.

Canelo is a much bigger fight on the world scale than Brook, Brook will always be there, the others may not so I can see why hes gone for it, incredibly risky though

Brook needs the Khan fight, as good as he is Brook is yet to fight anyone top drawer in my opinion unlike Khan

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
He is far more likely to lose to Canelo than Brook so i really dont see it as avoiding Brook.

Canelo is a much bigger fight on the world scale than Brook, Brook will always be there, the others may not so I can see why hes gone for it, incredibly risky though

Brook needs the Khan fight, as good as he is Brook is yet to fight anyone top drawer in my opinion unlike Khan

I think he loses to both. But losing to Brook is far more embarrassing for him. He has no where to go after that. If he was not worried about that fight it would of happened already.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Canelo by KO in 4-6.

Thats natural, Boxers careers have to be plotted very carefully and anyone stands a punchers chance. The problem for Brook is that he brings very little to the table as he is not a popular fighter and on his own doesn't sell tickets. I was at the O2 back in May and the place went flat after the Anthony Joshua fight for the Brooke vs Gavin fight, very few people outside of sheffield give a shit about him. He is however a very good fighter, so when you are someone like Khan its natural to weigh up the potential costs of fighting him vs the benefits, not just the financial benefits of that one fight but future earnings, legacy and stock.

He beats Canelo and he becomes the biggest PPV fighter in the world. Lose and as long as he puts up a good fight he is back to where he was before except possibly with more financial clout due to the extra exposure gained from the fight. He's definitely not scared of brooke though and I am sure that its a fight that he believes that he would win, its just not worth the risk compared with the benefits of the Canelo fight.

Not sure where Brooke goes from here as he was reliant on this fight to raise his stock. I can't see a big name US fighter coming over here as any fight wouldn't do the numbers necessary so he is probably going to have to take another risky fight over in the US or continue fighting bums at the sheffield arena.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Thats natural, Boxers careers have to be plotted very carefully and anyone stands a punchers chance. The problem for Brook is that he brings very little to the table as he is not a popular fighter and on his own doesn't sell tickets. I was at the O2 back in May and the place went flat after the Anthony Joshua fight for the Brooke vs Gavin fight, very few people outside of sheffield give a shit about him. He is however a very good fighter, so when you are someone like Khan its natural to weigh up the potential costs of fighting him vs the benefits, not just the financial benefits of that one fight but future earnings, legacy and stock.

He beats Canelo and he becomes the biggest PPV fighter in the world. Lose and as long as he puts up a good fight he is back to where he was before except possibly with more financial clout due to the extra exposure gained from the fight. He's definitely not scared of brooke though and I am sure that its a fight that he believes that he would win, its just not worth the risk compared with the benefits of the Canelo fight.

Not sure where Brooke goes from here as he was reliant on this fight to raise his stock. I can't see a big name US fighter coming over here as any fight wouldn't do the numbers necessary so he is probably going to have to take another risky fight over in the US or continue fighting bums at the sheffield arena.

Winning a world title in front of 80k at Wembley Stadium, possibly winning some fans in Britain, and getting more than double the money he would get in the States.

Yeah, I see no reward for the risk either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here