Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sid Vicious died this day 37 years ago.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Aged 21.
So been dead for 16 years longer than he lived.

Drug addict, and not a very good bass player but an icon who's memory lives on.
Of course I'm in the minority and don't iodise him in the sense of the word, but admired him for getting up and doing what he wanted to do and stuck two fingers up the establishment, like most teenagers wanted to but he did.

Had he not secomed to the drug fuelled rock and roll lifestyle who knows what he would have become, but with him upbringing he was always going to self destruct.
You may not have liked him you know of him.
how many of us will make such an impact?
RIP Sid.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
See he did serve some purpose by being a sexual outlet for many of his fellow prisoners at Rikers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shocking.....

That it was 37 years ago. Time flies when you are getting old

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What about the lass who lost the sight in one eye when a glass was smashed during a fracas at a gig? He was involved in that was he not? The best I've heard about him was from Viv Albertine, who thinks he was sweet (abeit he always pissed the bed when he stayed over, which would tarnish any friendship, in my book). Yes, he is remembered. But not for anything commendable I can think of. He was a casualty, like many in his circumstances, but a casualty without any legacy. So he's remembered mostly for his notoriety. Sorry! :shrug:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Much more importantly it is also the 39th anniversary of the Pompidou Centre opening. It's given a lot more people a lot more pleasure over a lot more years I'd hazard.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Much more importantly it is also the 39th anniversary of the Pompidou Centre opening. It's given a lot more people a lot more pleasure over a lot more years I'd hazard.

IMG_9920.JPG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And on this day 110 years ago 7462 people turned up at The Goldstone to watch Brighton draw 1-1 with Middlesbrough in the FA Cup. Player ratings from anyone who attended, please?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm getting the distinct impression you guys aren't taking this thread seriously.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Decent haircut, best-ever version of My Way (which isn't saying a lot) - but otherwise it's hard to suggest that he was much of a loss to the world.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The story of Sid Vicious is a rather sad one if you ask me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Aged 21.
So been dead for 16 years longer than he lived.

Drug addict, and not a very good bass player but an icon who's memory lives on.
Of course I'm in the minority and don't iodise him in the sense of the word, but admired him for getting up and doing what he wanted to do and stuck two fingers up the establishment, like most teenagers wanted to but he did.

Had he not secomed to the drug fuelled rock and roll lifestyle who knows what he would have become, but with him upbringing he was always going to self destruct.
You may not have liked him you know of him.
how many of us will make such an impact?
RIP Sid.

I think Malcolm McClaren made the impact, Vicious was was just the disposable victim.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And on this day 110 years ago 7462 people turned up at The Goldstone to watch Brighton draw 1-1 with Middlesbrough in the FA Cup. Player ratings from anyone who attended, please?

Could that be BG's 50,000th post?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here