Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool supporters label club’s new ticket prices as ‘morally unjustifiable’

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Liverpool’s new ticket price structure has been described as “morally unjustifiable” by its own supporters committee after it was announced some seats in the rebuilt Main Stand will cost £77 next season."

Pricing out ordinary fans

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Someone has to fund the fact they are rarely in the Champions League these days

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah but they're the bestest fans in the whole wide world remember. Sure they'll find a way to finance it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
"Liverpool’s new ticket price structure has been described as “morally unjustifiable” by its own supporters committee after it was announced some seats in the rebuilt Main Stand will cost £77 next season."

You may want to look closer at their pricing structure, the £77 is for a category A premier league game. where the lowest adult ticket for this type of game is £36. Then if you look at category C games the prices are between £59 and £9. While I dont know how many tickets are available at the lowest price, it can't be said that £9 is pricing out anyone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Considering this new TV deal coming in, ticketing revenue is a mere drop in the ocean of a Premier League clubs finances these days. All of them could easily afford to slash prices and turn the clock back to a time when tickets were affordable for most fans...but of course, they never will. All the while stadiums are largely sold out, they'll just continue charging whatever they want. Loyalty is used as a commodity.

el punal

Yeah but they're the bestest fans in the whole wide world remember. Sure they'll find a way to finance it.

Surely that's Portsmouth. After all, every TV commentator/pundit has stated it - " The Pompey fans are wonderful, still cheering on their team despite losing 8-0 with the second half to come."

Honourable mention to C****** P*****, loudest empty seats in the Premier League.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You may want to look closer at their pricing structure, the £77 is for a category A premier league game. where the lowest adult ticket for this type of game is £36. Then if you look at category C games the prices are between £59 and £9. While I dont know how many tickets are available at the lowest price, it can't be said that £9 is pricing out anyone.

Lots and lots of detail here: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-2016-17-ticket-10825081 including:

The initiative for local supporters to get priority access for 20,000 tickets a season for as little as £9 is warmly welcomed by SOS – although they feel it could have gone further.

Mr McKenna said: “That £9 will be available for just the three lowest category games per season, then it's £14 for Category B and £36 for Category A. It's a good initiative but that's 20,000 seats per season out of the 878,693 we sell for league games.”

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Some chap ( Villa fan ) was moaning like a ******* today on Facebook because he is fed up paying £100 for his SEASON TICKET ha ha ha ha ha !
He soon stopped whining when i told him i have one of the cheapest at the Amex in The North and it was well over £400. He actually didn't believe me at first

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

FFS they need to get a grip "morally unjustifiable"?

Killing Juventus fans is morally unjustifiable, not ticket prices.

But we're not aloud to talk about that are we.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
FFS they need to get a grip "morally unjustifiable"?

Killing Juventus fans is morally unjustifiable, not ticket prices.

But we're not aloud to talk about that are we.

No, talking aloud is not allowed.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Some chap ( Villa fan ) was moaning like a ******* today on Facebook because he is fed up paying £100 for his SEASON TICKET ha ha ha ha ha !
He soon stopped whining when i told him i have one of the cheapest at the Amex in The North and it was well over £400. He actually didn't believe me at first
I'd suggest that perhaps the moan was not so much paying £100 for a season ticket, more £100 to watch Villa barely win a game all season!

I'm much happier paying £500 a season this season compared to when Hyppia was in charge.

el punal

A £100 for a season ticket in the Premier League!? Where is it - in the toilet? That would work out at £5.26 per match. Methinks porkies are being uttered by Mr. Villa. I think I'll just check the club website to be sure.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
A £100 for a season ticket in the Premier League!? Where is it - in the toilet? That would work out at £5.26 per match. Methinks porkies are being uttered by Mr. Villa. I think I'll just check the club website to be sure.

I have to be honest i did wonder when he said it was only £100 quid seems like a very very low amount i will try and find the thread if i can

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

Ive just found this on their website Adult season prices for the forthcoming season continue to range from £335 to £615, with a family of four (including two U18s) able to secure tickets for £725 in specific family areas.

So what the arse he was on about i don't know but he def said £100

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Ive just found this on their website Adult season prices for the forthcoming season continue to range from £335 to £615, with a family of four (including two U18s) able to secure tickets for £725 in specific family areas.

So what the arse he was on about i don't know but he def said £100

Now i see what he forgot to mention to everyone which he has actually replied too now is that he wasn't on about Villa he was on about about a local step 6 side he now attends that are £
He's been bombarded by people asking him the same thing ha ha ha "bloody hell how come Villas ST's are so cheap ha ha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here