Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
alunga-ld229-2934964_478x359.jpg

Jonah Ayunga
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
15:36 2nd February 2016
by James Hilsum
Things have moved pretty quickly recently, but I’m happy to get it all sorted and looking forward to getting started."
Jonah Alunga
New Brighton & Hove Albion under-21 forward Jonah Ayunga admits his move from Dorchester Town has been a bit of a whirlwind, after putting pen to paper on a two-and-a-half year deal on Monday.The 18-year-old will join Simon Rusk’s squad and reflected on a very hectic last few days once he had become aware of Albion’s interest.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m very happy that I’ve signed for such a huge club. Things have moved pretty quickly recently, but I’m happy to get it all sorted and looking forward to getting started.
“I started playing adult football this season for Dorchester Town, it went well there and I got a move here, so I’m delighted with that.
“Before last week I was none the wiser to anyone making a move, so the past few days have been very busy, but I’m obviously very pleased with the outcome of it.
“I came in last week and had a tour of the training ground and the stadium. It just made the choice a no-brainer.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Ayunga is now relishing the prospect of linking up with his new team-mates in the squad and testing himself against some of the best under-21 teams in the country.“I’ve had a look at the under-21 squad here and the league table; there are some good teams in there and it will be nice to get amongst it.
“It’s good that I’ll now have a chance of working with such high quality coaches and hopefully I can progress.
“I don’t know a huge amount [about his new team-mates], but I’ll be looking to get to know them as quickly as possible.”
The forward looked back at his brief spell at Dorchester with fondness and his long-term target is to secure a place in the first-team squad.
“Dorchester has given me good experience playing in front of a small crowd and getting used to the physicality of men’s football, but now it will be nice to train full-time and really push on.
“I met Chris Hughton a couple of times since I’ve come into the training ground and it’s just surreal seeing these people walking around the place.
“I want to get in and around the first team and be the best player I can possibly be. They’re pushing to play in the Premier League and I would definitely want to be a part of that.”

[h=3]ALBION V BRENTFORD**
[/h]FRIDAY 5TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOLTON WANDERERS**
[/h]SATURDAY 13TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED**
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here