Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#BTDown

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A lot of the BT network down seemingly, including for me in Findon.

WFH is rubbish - give me those reliable trains any day...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
:lolol: i was just informed of t'interweb outage at home and thought about what i'd do if i had to WFH.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So glad I'm on Virgin cable....

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
So glad I'm on Virgin cable....
Dunno if related but the Virgin email service (including those of us on ntlworld and blueyonder email addresses) has also been down much of the day. On their service page they also note the phones can't ring anyone in Trinidad either... not sure about Tobago though.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My BT Infinity FTTP service stayed up... but many sites inaccessible, including work VPN for well over an hour :(

Back now.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
CaN_SwBXEAA_4ph.jpg:large

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yeah, because they are the only network operator IN THE WHOLE WORLD that never has an outage.

Buffoon.

Well I'm still online and the only serious outage I have known for them is the fire in London last year ..... and that's after working in telecoms for ten odd years ( and yes I know you have as well ). BT are by far the worst for serious outages but that may be linked to their market share as well.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Well I'm still online and the only serious outage I have known for them is the fire in London last year ..... and that's after working in telecoms for ten odd years ( and yes I know you have as well ). BT are by far the worst for serious outages but that may be linked to their market share as well.

A quick google for "virgin media major outages" would suggest your experience is far from typical.
BT carries almost all backbone traffic and has probably 90% of all telecomms equipment in the UK (including a lot of the tinpot operators' kit) so it's no surprise they have more outages. There is also the fact that a lot of the tinpot operators blame BT when it's actually their kit at fault.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
At time didn't know when internet was down if fault in my house or BT overall fault. Rang help line to find out and recorded message said look at BT website.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here