The largest single grouping of NSC users are miserable gits* - official

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
* Probably.

Those aged 45 to 59 reported the lowest levels of life satisfaction, with men on average less satisfied than women.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35471624

Given the age ranges that the ONS used, it's likely that more NSC users fit into that group than any other (??), making the title true. (ish)

We're a bunch of miserable B'stards...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
About the age that you realise that you have not done much with your life, you have been working in a job you really hate, you cannot retire when you thought because your pension hasn't performed well enough, your wife is menopausal and your kids are bleeding you dry.

Other than that, life is grand.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I am firmly of the opinion that being a pessimist is by far the best philosophy. An optimist is perpetually being disappointed, for a pessimist, life is full of wonderful surprises.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
* Probably.

Those aged 45 to 59 reported the lowest levels of life satisfaction, with men on average less satisfied than women.

Given the age ranges that the ONS used, it's likely that more NSC users fit into that group than any other (??), making the title true. (ish)

Can you please get the facts correct, it is the age group 50-54 that had the lowest score, and in fact the banding 45-49 scored lower than 55-59.

Therefore if the highest NSC banding is 55-59 they are past the worst and on an upward trend

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Can you please get the facts correct, it is the age group 50-54 that had the lowest score, and in fact the banding 45-49 scored lower than 55-59.

Therefore if the highest NSC banding is 55-59 they are past the worst and on an upward trend

No, it doesn't work like that. The over 59s remember the 60s and the total football experience just gets sh*ttier!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am firmly of the opinion that being a pessimist is by far the best philosophy. An optimist is perpetually being disappointed, for a pessimist, life is full of wonderful surprises.

or rather, an optimist quickly forgets life's little disappointments and gains most satisfaction from looking forward; a pessimist prefers to look back and remember all those disappointments, deriving great satisfaction from the self congratulatory "told you so's".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey....I am extremely happy with my life at the moment. Never been better actually.

My footy attitude is seriously grumpy old git though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Hmmm . . . . that was the philosophy of an ex of mine. Except the wonderful surprises were mostly silver linings uderneath clouds, and soon all she could see was the cloud.

I'm in that age demographic, and I remind myself its great to be alive, and take pleasure in what I can. Optimist, in fact :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
About the age that you realise that you have not done much with your life, you have been working in a job you really hate, you cannot retire when you thought because your pension hasn't performed well enough, your wife is menopausal and your kids are bleeding you dry.

Or.............your kids are (almost) grown up, mortgage paid off, reached a stage where you've long since realised whilst work is important, it's not life and death so you don't get stressed about it any more and enjoy it more as a result, have a decent work/life balance, have enough time to fit in most of the things you want to do, comfortable in your long term marriage/relationship and generally happy with your lot (could always be better of course, but count your blessings).

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
* Probably.

I am currently a miserable fecker - but in five months time I will be a happy fecker - reaching the age of sixty:moo:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So is that why this board, especially the ***official match day thread*** is full of miserable moaning and negativity despite the position the club is in both on and off the pitch compared to the last 115 years or so.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads

That sums it up perfectly

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Do you know my wife and kids :eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here