Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can he still be recalled or is that it now the window has closed? I did hear someone say that was it once is shut he stays.Got a feeling he could be a big player for us in the coming weeks so it would be good if he is here for the season.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Can he still be recalled or is that it now the window has closed? I did hear someone say that was it once is shut he stays.Got a feeling he could be a big player for us in the coming weeks so it would be good if he is here for the season.

My understanding is as it's a youth loan he can be recalled at any time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Unless Rooney and Martial both get longish injuries, Wilson will be staying here. They've got a good record honouring loans (if you don't sack the manager's son...) and they'll take the longer term view of Wilson getting as many full games as he can under his belt with us.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Wilson is in no way ready for regular first team games at united. Really cant see them recalling him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
United will have to be desperate to need a kid with very few games under his belt to spearhead their efforts to get back into the Champion's League places. Wilson needs the experience he will get here as he is nowhere near ready to play for a team in the top half of the Premier League. I am very relaxed about him being recalled, although if he was it would feck us up big time.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure about honouring their loans....They have recalled ALL their strikers on loan this season except Wilson so far.....

When you say all, you mean Will Keane? He's had more than half the season with Preston, and they've felt the next step for him is to be around the first team. Wilson has already been around the United first team, but needs game time, assume that is why they recalled the unproven Keane and not the so unproven Wilson. The very fact they made that choice would reinforce Wilson remaining with us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was disappointing to see United sign bugger all in the window. Right now I don't see how our attack can function properly without Wilson, so surely we'll bring in another striker on loan to cover for his potential loss?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can be recalled. Will be if Van Gaal goes and Giggs is placed in temporary charge before Jose takes over at the end of the season. Giggs gave him his first start (where he scored twice) and will almost certainly want him back with their lack of striking options.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This thread is covering old ground.

The first loan up until end of January he could not be recalled. He is now into his second loan from today onwards from which he can be recalled.

He would have been recalled yesterday if they were going to recall him any time soon. We can't afford to worry about IF's WHAT's or MAYBE's until they happen.

I am more concerned he hasn't scored more goals but I think that was partly down to a dip in the service provided to him. I don't really believe for a minute though that he has been recently ill as reported by the press. I have a feeling Man Utd maybe just didn't want him overplayed in the heavy fixture schedule over the Xmas period in the heavier pitches in case an injury occurred. The lad is just not used to playing two games per week yet.

Maybe as the pitches get better and we get over our injuries I think we might see the best of James in the coming months.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

When he signed, we were told that it was a youth loan at first, to be converted to a season-long loan in January.
I don't know if that happened...but he's here for the season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I don't know what was wrong health-wise but he doesn't appear to be back fully match fit yet. When he is he could be a key player. Until then even if van Gaal gets the boot I can't see any risk of him being taken back by Man U. I guess we will know better by the end of the month how much that could potentially hurt us but I don't think I will fret about it just now

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
This thread is covering old ground.

The first loan up until end of January he could not be recalled. He is now into his second loan from today onwards from which he can be recalled.

He would have been recalled yesterday if they were going to recall him any time soon. We can't afford to worry about IF's WHAT's or MAYBE's until they happen.

I am more concerned he hasn't scored more goals but I think that was partly down to a dip in the service provided to him. I don't really believe for a minute though that he has been recently ill as reported by the press. I have a feeling Man Utd maybe just didn't want him overplayed in the heavy fixture schedule over the Xmas period in the heavier pitches in case an injury occurred. The lad is just not used to playing two games per week yet.

Maybe as the pitches get better and we get over our injuries I think we might see the best of James in the coming months.

It's a youth loan I believe. Youth loans can be for an indefinite length (up to the end of the season) and the loanee can be recalled after the first 28 days.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's a youth loan I believe. Youth loans can be for an indefinite length (up to the end of the season) and the loanee can be recalled after the first 28 days.

Ah OK You might be right. I was told he could't be recalled until end of Jan but after that he could be recalled at any time but I might have misunderstood it because sometimes I don't always understand the technical issues of such things

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Ah OK You might be right. I was told he could't be recalled until end of Jan but after that he could be recalled at any time but I might have misunderstood it because sometimes I don't always understand the technical issues of such things

I think everyone had assumed it's a normal loan (where it would be the system you described) rather than a youth loan. Given the cap is 21 (I believe if you're 21 or younger on the first day of the season it counts) for youth loans, it's probably that element of the loan system that's been used.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't really believe for a minute though that he has been recently ill as reported by the press. I have a feeling Man Utd maybe just didn't want him overplayed in the heavy fixture schedule over the Xmas period in the heavier pitches in case an injury occurred. The lad is just not used to playing two games per week yet.

It's nothing to do with what's been 'reported' in the press. It's what we've seen with our own eyes. He has ben struggling with something for weeks. He vomited on camera before the Wolves game, he was visibly lacking in any energy at Rotherham, and he looked entirely knackered within 10 minutes of coming on against Huddersfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here