Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will we see sicknote return on friday

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
So will we see sicknote baldock back in the 18 on friday or will he still be injure after a minor knock kept him out v huddesfield .waste of time in my book.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Because he's been injured? Thank god no-one else is reading your book.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Your book got any other useful nuggets of wisdom in it?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Such an insightful opinion.

In the last few games he played, whilst not scoring, he caused a lot of trouble for other teams. He was also in a winning team at the time, so I'd give him a bit more credit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We normally go with 7 'attackers' in the 18.

Zamora, Wilson, Hemed, Skalak, Knockaert, Lua Lua, Murphy leaves no place for Baldock.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It's an interesting point though as players do tend to fall into the sick note/non sick note categories. What value do you put on the ability to play regularly. How much better does a 10 game a season player have to be to justify singing him over a 40 game man?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's an interesting point though as players do tend to fall into the sick note/non sick note categories. What value do you put on the ability to play regularly. How much better does a 10 game a season player have to be to justify singing him over a 40 game man?

Yes he probably deliberately injured himself and the club must have known about this when they signed him

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

About 4 times better.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

There are players that seem to be a bit more fragile, but it is not as easy as saying, this player will never get injured, or that one will only ever play ten games a season is it?
You just don't know for sure, Lua Lua, Crofts and Solly March have probably got the worst injury records of any of our current players, and I would not want to get rid of any of them.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Yes he probably deliberately injured himself and the club must have known about this when they signed him

I didn't say that and as it happens I rate Baldock. I assume the point you are making is we wouldn't have known that when we signed him. I wasn't specifically pointing the finger at the Baldock situation but merely raising the question. We know that Buckley is a sick note but would you buy him above a lesser quality player with a proven track record on fitness because you knew you could get 10 match winning games out of him?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Or Murphy ? or (initially) Skalak or Lua Lua (if he still has that knock) etc etc

I am one of the few who think Murphy has done well in the past few games, so not Murphy ( in my opinion ).

Skalak *should* be up to speed, and looks excellent - surely on the bench.

Clearly, Lua Lua may or may not be injured, that'll be top secret I suspect.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here