Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iowa Caucus

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not sure why they're even running this election, Clinton has had this term paid for and guaranteed for quite some time. We'd be in prison if we'd done what she had with the email scandal.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
CNN showing really close results at the minute – Clinton 51% and Sanders 49% (65% of vote counted) with Cruz 29% and Trump 25% (50% of vote counted). Some of the media saying that the Iowa caucus is no longer a really big deal. Apart from being one of the first major political events Iowa is not really representative of the States as a whole with a large percentage of evangelical conservatives. In 2012 and 2008 the Republicans who won in the Iowa caucus did not go on to lead the Republican Party into the election.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
very interesting election
but all the candidates are religious dickheads

i want an atheist president who knows religion is a load of w@nk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
very interesting election
but all the candidates are religious dickheads

i want an atheist president who knows religion is a load of w@nk
It is isn't ALL the candidates.

It's all the Republican candidates, except Trump who is guilty of pandering which the Christian right love but don't believe.
Neither Clinton or Sanders wear their religion on their sleeve.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It is isn't ALL the candidates.

It's all the Republican candidates, except Trump who is guilty of pandering which the Christian right love but don't believe.
Neither Clinton or Sanders wear their religion on their sleeve.

And when the circus reaches the bible belt states no doubt everyone will be asking for God's assiatance to win

Stumpy Tim

Clinton has done enough now really. Iowa was never going to be her strong state, and she's held firm there. She's unstoppable.

Cruz winning could have three results. He'll gather momentum and sweep to victory (unlikely in my book), the republican party will now back Trump as the least worst option (as they really really hate Cruz), or the other establishment contenders will drop out and back Rubio. My money is on the second option as I think there are too many egos to see the mass drop-out that Rubio needs. Apparently Bush has spent $5,000 per vote on advertising in Iowa. Mental

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Clinton and Bernie being decided by the flip of a coin in some areas. This whole thing was supposed to be a procession for Hilary.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Next President odds.
Clinton 4/5
Rubio 10/3
Trump 7/1
Sanders 8-1

Next race New Hampshire, I believe.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I dont like Americans, and these early elections show exactly why.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Clinton and Bernie being decided by the flip of a coin in some areas. This whole thing was supposed to be a procession for Hilary.
The Americans are even more anti government than we are/were.

Which is why Trump and Sanders have been doing so well, they are not part of the 'establishment'.

Hilary being Hilary CLINTON is a massive hurdle to overcome, as the general consensus is 'more of the same'.
At any other time, or if their parliaments were cooperating, it wouldn't be a problem.

Bernie is America's Corbyn.
Trump is America's Farage.

Many think anything is better than Bush and/or Clinton, maintaining the current norm.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Iowa Caucus .

Theres me thinking he was another deadline day signing :ffsparr:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's all a bit pointless really, whoever wins will be hamstrung by Senate and the House of Representatives and unable to pass any meaningful legislation. Meanwhile, the Middle East continues to melt down, Putin marches onward and the Chinese are building islands and aircraft carriers at breakneck speed. Not good times.

Edit, Forgot to add, Americans are shooting each other in increasing numbers despite the increase in guns....the guns that are meant to protect against shootings doh!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here