Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton delighted with window

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's delighted because he knows something we don't...."he hasn't ruled out further business in the loan window should the right player be available."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's delighted because he knows something we don't...."he hasn't ruled out further business in the loan window should the right player be available."

Hughton says he is very happy with his squad, but he hasn't ruled out further business in the loan window should the right player be available.

He told SeagullsPlayerHD, "To bring in the players we have over this period, and some was done very early in the window, I am really delighted with the work done.

"We have also done some business with players going out which will give them a real good opportunity to play the games that they need to. We have good levels and good numbers in squad.

"The loan market is always there, and that is to go out or come in. I am very happy with the squad, but if we feel there is somebody who can improve the squad, or more so the team, then you have to be open to it.

"At this moment I am delighted with what I have on this final day of the window. It is for myself and this group of players to get our ultimate aim and keep pressure on those top teams and give ourselves an opportunity for promotion."
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...-with-window-2933366.aspx#9RehDCSQusbWKdDm.99

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Quality wingers, for me, are the key to a successful team. Arsenal had Pires and Ljunberg, United had Giggs and Beckham. Chelsea had Robben and Duff.

Could we have the strongest set of wingers in the league right now? I think so.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Loosing no-one we didn't want to is massive. Concerned we might have someone come in for Stevens or Kayal which could have derailed what we have. Very pleased with the window. Another striker would have been useful but can't have everything. Knockaert is the signing of the season for me.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
When I consider our trading over the past few seasons I'm also delighted. Not perfect, but considering how well we kicked the season off I am overcome with optimism, this squad has been seriously reinforced.....I'm a happy little bunny tonight. :cute:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm delighted too,

Sidwell
Knockaert
Skalak

I suspect are awesome signings, Ridgewell has helped, and Towell is one for the future hopefully.

We may even get a striker ( Murray ) and a 28 day left back in the very last loan window.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
........................................very happy with his squad, but he hasn't ruled out further business in the loan window should the right player be available.

"The loan market is always there, and that is to go out or come in. I am very happy with the squad, but if we feel there is somebody who can improve the squad, or more so the team, then you have to be open to it."

I believe these comments have been syndicated to all 92 managers in the leagues by Managers'Comments'R'Us.org......................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I believe these comments have been syndicated to all 92 managers in the leagues by Managers'Comments'R'Us.org......................

You miserable cynical barstard, you :lolol:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Quality wingers, for me, are the key to a successful team. Arsenal had Pires and Ljunberg, United had Giggs and Beckham. Chelsea had Robben and Duff.

Could we have the strongest set of wingers in the league right now? I think so.

Agree that we have quality options out wide, which give us pace, which is essential to us going up.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
22:59, way past my bedtime, my window is now closed, 'smashed' shut!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Squad looks pretty impressive to me. Knockaert looks really special, and Sidwell gives us experience and cover in centre midfield. Czech guy could be excellent too ... we'll see.

Add to that the return of Hunemeier and Bong, and Kaz's comeback, and we have a very good Championship team. I suspect we've yet to see the best of Wilson because of his illness but am expecting great things as the weeks progress. Plus, like others, I wouldn't be surprised if a loan striker is being lined up.

Good transfer window I'd say.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Squad looks pretty impressive to me. Knockaert looks really special, and Sidwell gives us experience and cover in centre midfield. Czech guy could be excellent too ... we'll see.

Add to that the return of Hunemeier and Bong, and Kaz's comeback, and we have a very good Championship team. I suspect we've yet to see the best of Wilson because of his illness but am expecting great things as the weeks progress. Plus, like others, I wouldn't be surprised if a loan striker is being lined up.

Good transfer window I'd say.

And don't forget Rosenior too, quality cover for either fullback also midfield.
We have a very tidy squad now.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Just look at the team we had with Gus in the first season back in the championship.. Finished 4 points outside of automatic promotion(better goals for/against) and our top scorer was CMS with 11 goals... If we can get Zamora, Hemed, Wilson, Baldock, LuaLua and Knockaert all to chip(I believe all capable of 7-10+ each) in we won't necessarily need anyone else. That's not to say I wouldn't be happy if we got a proven championship goal scorer in, I just think it is possible to do without one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just look at the team we had with Gus in the first season back in the championship.. Finished 4 points outside of automatic promotion(better goals for/against) and our top scorer was CMS with 11 goals... If we can get Zamora, Hemed, Wilson, Baldock, LuaLua and Knockaert all to chip(I believe all capable of 7-10+ each) in we won't necessarily need anyone else. That's not to say I wouldn't be happy if we got a proven championship goal scorer in, I just think it is possible to do without one.

Without being pedantic, I'm pretty sure we didn't finish 4 points off auto promo in our first season back - we came 10th or 11th I think. But yes I think the squad is probably stronger now...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think the squad is a decent squad and capable of promotion.

The missing ingredient for me at the moment is Confidence but hopefully the new signings, the players coming back from injury and the recent couple of wins will have brought back the earlier confidence.

Early season we dominated teams and that made teams fear us a bit. Hopefully that is back. The next 5 games will tell with some away games coming up shortly

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes of course, my mistake :facepalm:

I deliberately didn't look that up as I like to run the risk of looking silly so glad my memory served me well this time :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here