Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deadline day - are we done???

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Of course we are. Anyone expecting someone of Rhodes-Ilk and outrageous price in wages and transfer fee is supporting the wrong club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep we're done for this window. I think tjhe club have tweeted the very same thing a short while ago. Saw it on another thread.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
Cant quite understand why we didnt go for a 'name' striker, or any striker for that matter.

Club built up their twitter feed all evening and altho the cech guy is probably a great winger, lets not kid ourselves hes the striker we've been needing for months (years!)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All TALK and no action yet again, STRENGTHENING from a position of STRENGTH soon got forgotten

When was it ever any different? Us fans can talk about the likes of Calleri, Bolanos, Rhodes, McCormack, Bamford, Murray, Ulloa et al until we are blue in the face, but the club will NEVER sign players like that.

Every transfer window has been the same, for as long as I can remember.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If Murray joins this month on loan we've had a fantastic transfer window.

If we don't add to what we have now, it's The Championship for us next season.

PROVEN goalscorers get you promoted, that is and remains the final part of the jigsaw IMO.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Of course we are. Anyone expecting someone of Rhodes-Ilk and outrageous price in wages and transfer fee is supporting the wrong club.

Why's that then ? We should be looking at players like that who can take us into in the PL,
then still be good enough to stay with us and play for usin the PL with a small increase in wages which will be in their contracts already, so we don't have to blow even more on players twice his price just to stay up.
People need to stop hanging on to years gone by and realise this is the step up to the big time .
I get the feeling sometimes a lot of people would lkie us to still be a struggling League 2 side. I must admit there is the odd day when i feel like that, sometimes it can feel very sterile.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Does the loan window not open in a week? My point being that Prem clubs will now know who they're holding onto for the rest of the season, so may have a 'squad' player they might be more inclined to loan rather than sell.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

PROVEN goalscorers get you promoted, that is and remains the final part of the jigsaw IMO.

NAIL ON HEAD , Someone talking sense on here for a change

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

100% correct.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Us fans can talk about the likes of Calleri, Bolanos, Rhodes, McCormack, Bamford, Murray, Ulloa et al until we are blue in the face, but the club will NEVER sign players like that.

Yes, we will NEVER sign players like that (except for the two out of the seven that we have signed).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here