Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teddy Sheringham,sacked.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
He'll get another chance somewhere else I would imagine, if for no other reason than he is who he is. Not that I think that's a bad thing, one bad first go does not a bad manager make.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reading the Stevenage press release, it seems they are aware it is quite harsh.

http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/stevenage-fc-part-company-with-teddy-sheringham-2932722.aspx

Chairman Phil Wallace said "Teddy has had the worst luck I’ve seen in the 16 years I’ve owned the football club. Normally we’d have one or two major ops on key players in a season but we’ve had more this season than the last three combined.

"You also occasionally lose points in the last few minutes of games but we’ve been in this situation in four of the last eight matches. However, we are where we are and the club have to make a change.

"Teddy came in having to work on a lower budget than we’ve had before and the lack of available funds has made it difficult to get the players he’d like. He’s given it his all but it hasn’t worked and now we have to thank him for his efforts and move on."​

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He'll get another chance somewhere else I would imagine, if for no other reason than he is who he is. Not that I think that's a bad thing, one bad first go does not a bad manager make.

True, although if you have been sacked as a manager at Stevenage, that doesn't generally leave you anywhere else to go to try to prove yourself, other than a non league club.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Reading the Stevenage press release, it seems they are aware it is quite harsh.

http://www.stevenagefc.com/news/article/stevenage-fc-part-company-with-teddy-sheringham-2932722.aspx

Chairman Phil Wallace said "Teddy has had the worst luck I’ve seen in the 16 years I’ve owned the football club. Normally we’d have one or two major ops on key players in a season but we’ve had more this season than the last three combined.

"You also occasionally lose points in the last few minutes of games but we’ve been in this situation in four of the last eight matches. However, we are where we are and the club have to make a change.

"Teddy came in having to work on a lower budget than we’ve had before and the lack of available funds has made it difficult to get the players he’d like. He’s given it his all but it hasn’t worked and now we have to thank him for his efforts and move on."​

They are really not selling the job very well... "We have no fit players and no money but we still expect miracles".

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
True, although if you have been sacked as a manager at Stevenage, that doesn't generally leave you anywhere else to go to try to prove yourself, other than a non league club.
I could see him getting another crack at a similar club. When even the Stevenage chairman is talking about how he's been unlucky with injuries etc. you'd have think that someone will wonder what he'd do with a full squad.

Look at someone like Michael Appleton, I don't think he's particularly special but he's been through some basket case clubs (not that Stevenage are but it's a good example) and he's still found decent employment at the end of it.

All that said, if TS isn't doing well at a new club either then he'd probably need to be willing to drop down to non-league.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
They are really not selling the job very well... "We have no fit players and no money but we still expect miracles".

Not too different from us if you look at the grand scheme of our situation, mega bucks to spend on the infrastructure feck all to spend on the squad in comparison. We will be relegated to the 3rd division before we are promoted back into the 2nd division again, promotion to the PL is not possible without decent strikers which our board of directors refuse to sign

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here