Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CONFIRMED Championship signings on deadline day?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For all the whining, and moaning and general self pitying bullsh1t from plenty, as far as I can see, not ONE Championship club has yet made a single permanent signing today.

Signings so far:

Aiden McGeady, Sheff Wed, LOAN from Everton
Rohan Ince, Fulham, LOAN from Brighton
Tom Lawrence, Cardiff, LOAN from Leicester
Kenneth Zohore, Cardiff, LOAN from KV Kortrijk (Vincent Tan's other club)

I presume if we'd waited until today to announce Sidwell and Knockaert, everyone would be happier (even though we might be six points worse off). Seems as if you do your business early, your fans hold it against you :shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For all the whining, and moaning and general self pitying bullsh1t from plenty, as far as I can see, not ONE Championship club has yet made a single permanent signing today.

Signings so far:

Kenneth Zohore, Cardiff, LOAN from KV Kortrijk (Vincent Tan's other club)

I presume if we'd waited until today to announce Sidwell and Knockaert, everyone would be happier (even though we might be six points worse off). Seems as if you do your business early, your fans hold it against you :shrug:

I think if you'd mentioned in December that we would sign Ridgewell, Sidwell and Knockaert (three very well known players to Championship fans) plus a gamble in the shape of Towell most would have been very pleased. Many though would then have said "and the striker?....."

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think if you'd mentioned in December that we would sign Ridgewell, Sidwell and Knockaert (three very well known players to Championship fans) plus a gamble in the shape of Towell most would have been very pleased. Many though would then have said "and the striker?....."

What about one of the best 20 year olds in the country that has played at all levels up to U21 for his country and was being chased by a large number of top championship clubs (even if it's only for the season) :wink:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What about one of the best 20 year olds in the country that has played at all levels up to U21 for his country and was being chased by a large number of top championship clubs (even if it's only for the season) :wink:

I remember several years ago Francis Jeffers was similar to that and turned out not to be good enough wherever he went

I am not saying that about Ince because I think we should have kept him till end of the season but some people just don't fulfil potential

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I remember several years ago Francis Jeffers was similar to that and turned out not to be good enough wherever he went

I am not saying that about Ince because I think we should have kept him till end of the season but some people just don't fulfil potential

He meant James Wilson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, looks like we are going to leave our striking options in the hands of the brilliant but ancient BZ and a pasty Manchester United starlet. I'm not complaining but it's not very impressive for a club looking to get automatic promotion. Excuse me for not expecting anything from Baldock or Hemed.

Everything crossed that Wilson has recovered for whatever it was he had and that BZ continues what must be his longest injury free run for a decade....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Think you will find he meant Wilson.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Ha! I forgot Wilson and pretty much invalidated my post didn't I? *hangs head*

The one thing about Wilson though is that he has not been close to 100% fit (illness not injury) and is only going to shine from time to time (a la March). I would really like a consistent proven goalscorer who is slightly faster and fitter than Saint Bob.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yep, looks like we are going to leave our striking options in the hands of the brilliant but ancient BZ and a pasty Manchester United starlet. I'm not complaining but it's not very impressive for a club looking to get automatic promotion. Excuse me for not expecting anything from Baldock or Hemed.

Yep, why should we expect anything from those two; it's not as if they played together for 14 of the first 16 league games of the season, 14 games in which we earned 34 points (with just 16 points coming from the 12 games since that partnership was broken up).

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Ha! I forgot Wilson and pretty much invalidated my post didn't I? *hangs head*

The one thing about Wilson though is that he has not been close to 100% fit (illness not injury) and is only going to shine from time to time (a la March). I would really like a consistent proven goalscorer who is slightly faster and fitter than Saint Bob.

I think Wilson will continue to score goals at this level, especially with the wide players we have playing / coming back from injury, the worry is that United recall him

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yep, why should we expect anything from those two; it's not as if they played together for 14 of the first 16 league games of the season, 14 games in which we earned 34 points (with just 16 points coming from the 12 games since that partnership was broken up).

Because one is semi permanently injured and the other has been useless in front of goal for months and shown little sign of improving. :shrug:

Or are you saying we should only play them together, because Hemed's goal scoring record since Baldock got injured is crap. It's not like he hasn't had plenty of game time either.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Hemed is a better player when he plays with Baldock and vice versa. They go well together as a partnership. Unfortunately one is injured and the other so massively out of form that I doubt he'd hold down a place at many other clubs.

It's what we can do for the rest of this season that counts, not what we did. "Strengthen from a position of strength" remember.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Abdenasser El Khayati, QPR, undisclosed from Burton

Kenneth Zohore, Cardiff, LOAN from KV Kortrijk

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Really I'm not! I just think it's a shame that we are still so lightweight upfront given all the hype about the South Americans and TB's comments about strengthening. I worry that we are going to end up with Hemed and a n other when BZ or Wilson get injured.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Abdenasser El Khayati, QPR, undisclosed from Burton

Kenneth Zohore, Cardiff, LOAN from KV Kortrijk

James Tarkowski, Burnley, from Brentford. £6m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here