Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX: Semi Final 1***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well then. Here we are, the final four. One step away from the Animal Dome. One step away form the final. We started with 45, now we have four. They've worked incredibly hard to get here, now they have to work twice as hard to go the next step. If they fail all their work, their sacrifices, their blood, tears, shredded fur, broken bones, mangled limbs will be for naught.

This first semi final will be 48 hours of delirious mayhem. One semi finalist has been here(here, but no further) once before. The other has never been here. In 48 hours one of them will be heading to the Animal Dome, the other, a broken husk of the beast that stands before us now, will slink home to wallow in the bitterness of defeat, his shattered body a quivering wreck, his mind a cesspool of anger, jealousy, inadequacy and spearing thoughts of revenge. Which beast will be which? YOU decide.

Grasshopper Mouse

grasshopper_mouse_scorpion.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grasshopper_mouse

WHC IX performance:

Quarter final: Beat Great White Shark 62-46
2nd round: beat Tasmanian Devil 64-51
Group c: 2nd 27votes(18.88%)

Grasshopper Mouse is competing in his first ever WHC semi final in only his third tournament campaign. Over the previous two seasons he has built up a solid following and is now beginning to reap the rewards. It's easy to see why he's so popular amongst the voting public - he possesses all the main facets you need to do well in this competition. He is an extremely aggressive little bugger, can take a great deal of punishment(he eats posionous snakes and scorpions) and when he fights he fights for real. One of you is going to die. And if it's you, he's going to eat you too. Yes, he cannibalises other mice. He has an enormous territory - 28 acres - that he defends ferociously, he'll stand on his hind legs and howl like a wolf to let you know he knows you're there and he's coming for you. Then he will kill and eat the intruder. He's not one to simply run you off his land, or even just kll you. He will eat you and lick your bones clean. So what if you're the same species. Don't intrude on his land. When he's not eating his own species he'll eat anything from small insects up to poisonous scorpions and snakes. In short he's a ferocious, howling, poison guzzling cannibal that fights to the death. Hard enough for you?

Vs

Wolverine

wolv1.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine

WHC IX performance:

Quarter final: Beat Hippo 54 - 47
2nd round: Beat Mantis Shrimp 67-40
Group B: 1st 30 votes (28.3%)

Wolverine is appearing in his second successive semi final. He has arguably been the performer of the tournament having beaten a former champion in every single round to date. He destroyed the Black Mamba on his way to winning group B, he then faced the WHC VII champion Mantis Shrimp in the second round and swatted him aside before going head to head with 2010 champion Hippo - one of the all time greats of the WHC- and beat him too in an epic quarter final. How exactly do you face off against three former chmpions in consecutive rounds and beat them all? Well, like this:

He is small but ridiculously strong- his strength is disproportionate to his size(just check out how powerful his fore legs and muzzle are) which when coupled with his amazing ferocity and aggression allows him to take on, beat, kill and eat beasts much bigger than itself. He has been reported to take on bears. Bears! Once he's set his mind on hunting you, you're ****ed. He's a great swimmer so water doesn't buy you safety, he can climb trees so going off ground won't save you and even if you bury yourself under twenty feet of snow he can still smell you and will dig down and devour you.

He's abnormally strong, ferocious and is more than happy to take on much bigger beasts: it's easy to see why there's a superhero named after him.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wolverine takes on bears....

To paraphrase Han Solo

Not the local Sun Bears mind you, I’m talking about the big Brown Bears now. He's hard enough for you old man.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Weirdly I am backing the mouse. But that may just be nostalgia having been to Disneyworld three times.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No way should such a prestigious event as a WHC semi, be held on Transfer Deadline Day. Way too much distraction, when people should be concentrating on this :nono:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Wolverine = Poor mans Honey Badger.

However, I'm undecided on this one. Both deserve to have got this far and are hard in their own right.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Scaling the 9cm long MOUSE, up to human size, gives the equivalent of one average sized person, defending a territory the size of THREE HUNDRED FOOTBALL PITCHES, with his bare hands.

MOUSE is hard.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've been TEAM MOUSE from the start, and I'm not changing my position despite backing the wolverine in all its battles.

I'm hoping for a close, clean fight between these two WORTHY competitors.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I like the mouse, but really it's only hard against other mice.

You'd like to think so, but the stats suggest otherwise and the stats don't lie...

WHC IX performance:
Quarter final: Beat Great White Shark 62-46
2nd round: beat Tasmanian Devil 64-51

Team mouse :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here