Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Frank Bruno, mad as box of frogs!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hope to goodness that you don't get this dreadful illness that Frank Bruno has. It can affect anybody and is not helped by pillocks like you trying to make a joke of it !
This pillock is not making a joke of it, just saying he is a bit mad thats all.
I have a relative who has the same illness, who encourages to make a lighter side of it.
So unless you are of a medical background I would back off!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Poor guy, was he well enough to be on TV? I felt uncomfortable watching that. Not sure a return to the ring is a good idea.

Hope he gets the help he needs,

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I have a relative who has the same illness, who encourages to make a lighter side of it.
I, also have a relative who has it and they cannot make light of it so I am on their side and they totally agree with my comments, I also have a friend who suffers from it who has just phoned me to thank me for standing up for him and.fellow suffers not bad response for someone with no medical background! .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poor guy, was he well enough to be on TV? I felt uncomfortable watching that. Not sure a return to the ring is a good idea.

Hope he gets the help he needs,

British Boxing Board of Control is never going to let Frank Bruno anywhere near a boxing ring ever again. Shame on ITV for giving him a forum to invite ridicule. Trashy behaviour by a trashy broadcaster.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I, also have a relative who has it and they cannot make light of it so I am on their side and they totally agree with my comments, I also have a friend who suffers from it who has just phoned me to thank me for standing up for him and.fellow suffers not bad response for someone with no medical background! .

Obviously with a non medical background you are not qualified to JUDGE.
On both sides of the equation it depends on how the person, who has the illness, wants to deal with it, whether in a light moment or not.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Did anyone watch FB on tv today? I think he has gone a bit maaaaaaaad!!

Luppers is right though, you're out of order. No need for the way you put it.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It's a very sad clip to be viewing. Where are the people that should be helping him make better decisions in terms of what he should be doing. Surely he has an agent that would suggest that turning up on a TV show at this moment isn't in his best interests. I hope he gets the support and medication he requires.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Who are you calling mad?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

You are a pillock. Having suffered with mental illness myself I can categorically say that "making light" of an interview like that is remarkably distasteful. That being said, the producers of This Morning are even worse - the poor bloke was in no state whatsoever to be on TV. Absolutely shocking and I hope that he gets the support that he needs, I was lucky enough to meet him a few years ago and he is an absolute gentleman. Terrible stuff.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The title and post definitely sound like you're taking the piss. You might not have meant it, but that is how it reads.

Bad post the poor chap has problems, hang your head in shame and get well Frank.

You are a pillock. Having suffered with mental illness myself I can categorically say that "making light" of an interview like that is remarkably distasteful. That being said, the producers of This Morning are even worse - the poor bloke was in no state whatsoever to be on TV. Absolutely shocking and I hope that he gets the support that he needs, I was lucky enough to meet him a few years ago and he is an absolute gentleman. Terrible stuff.
attachment.php

As I said in previous post :)

Attachments

• NormalAppImage(13).png
    NormalAppImage(13).png
    10 KB · Views: 671

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
GREAT thread. No, really.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's a very sad clip to be viewing. Where are the people that should be helping him make better decisions in terms of what he should be doing. Surely he has an agent that would suggest that turning up on a TV show at this moment isn't in his best interests. I hope he gets the support and medication he requires.
Without wanting to seem tremendously cynical, I can't imagine many agents stopping him picking up a tv fee when they're likely to benefit somewhere down the line as well.

That said, I suppose it's entirely possible that FB needs the money and this is the best/quickest way to get it, even with the potential embarrassment.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'm exasperated that we still regard mental illness like some cuddly, loveable joke - where ridicule is fair game. In its most critical form it can end in prolonged spells of misery, destitution and even death.

Would we mock cancer victim or the physically disabled in the same way?

Honestly, any TV producer who rakes up this kind of muck for a 'story' should be utterly ashamed and exposed. The only story here is: former sports star with a history of mental illness is once again an easy target for ridicule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here