Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Lizards big gamble,what would you do?

Put your money where your mouth is or not gamble your cash?

• Put nothing in!

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Pay a lump sum that is double your s/t cost?

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

Should Tony throw £20 million at the Albion to gamble on promotion and the sky gold or stick to what he's got and risk another £10 million input next season?
What would you do,you have the option of nothing or putting twice the cost of next seasons s/t price! I if we go up you pay nothing whilst we are in the top league but if we don't you would still pay the full s/t cost! What would you do???

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All in from me too.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pay, seems like an excellent gamble on those terms.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Putting another £20m will only bring our spending up to what Derby and Boro have spent, and would probably still only give us a 1/3 chance of automatic promotion.

Must be tempting for him, but you can see why he might NOT go for it.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Maybe not a massive gamble.
20 million now. Even if we are not promoted the squad we are building would only need a tweak here and there in the summer anyway depending on who the 20 million was spent on and therefore summer transfer dealings would most likely be 1 in 1 out. If the gamble did come off then he's quids in anyway

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
stick with his recruitment team, if they can get the right man in, go for it

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've obviously got the best solution.

TB buys me on a FREE - Board Wins.
I'll accept no less than £5,000 p/w - I win & Board Wins
I'm a shit, short striker that can't score but a local lad that will come good - NSC Wins.

TB, look no further. I've been in front of you all along.

smurf-fail_4599747_GIFSoupcom.gif

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stick. The potential to fail is quite high given that we're 6 points from the top 2 (Midds will get at least a point from their game in hand) with only 18 to play; and the consequences of failure is a transfer embargo and possibly losing a lot of our best players next season. See Forest, Fulham and Blackburn for example.

We've built a solid squad this season and will be in a good position to strengthen in the summer if we don't go up. I'd rather we did that than risk having to re-build in 17/18.

The poll is what would you do not tb! Would you be prepared to stick in double your season ticket costs up front to try to secure cost free top flight football!???

20k+ putting double season ticket cost could raise £20 million ish,we go up and pay nothing in the prem or fail to make promotion and your £1200ish is down the flusher:eek: Its about bottle and i understand more people are happy to want someone else to take the whole risk that chip in a part liability???

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Put nothing in this window, CH is clearly building a team and this was always going to be a season of consolidation I believe, while all the time building for the future and next season. Next year will be the year that everything comes together and just a few quality additions should see us mount a serious challenge.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
HE wouldn't be a succesful gambler if he wasn't a patient man.

I can't see Bloom going all in on this. I think Knockeart will been seen as the signing that made the difference. We have a maverick. The goals will now comes. This new Striker may still come in Hemed?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd stick this window (apart from any bargains, which are unlikely).

Several clubs have pushed the boat out this season and will either be promoted or embargoed next.

Lets go all in next season. There will be better pickings in the summer transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here