Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cycling cheats.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
To my knowledge this is the first time a hidden motor has been found in a competition bike, and they've been testing road cyclists for a lot of years now. The story here is of a cyclo-cross bike, which is slightly different to a road bike - not that I'm excusing the fact that a motor has been found.

Road cycling bike issues have been mainly down to weight and design, and laws have been made by the UCI for that. A bit like laws on javelins if you like. They've often seized bikes at the end of races and never found a motor yet, despite speculation that they exist. Of course, finding no evidence doesn't mean it isn't going on, but if they are in existence, it certainly isn't widespread like doping has been.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I wish I'd had a team car to hang on to as I was labouring up some steep climbs on the Downs tonight. But there gain, I'm doing it for 'fun' and the beer at the end, not as my day job. Disgusting behaviour.

Happy Exile

NSC Patreon
Apr 19, 2018
Cycling seems to me like a sport that should go the way of bodybuilding and just openly acknowledge the need for two categories of competition: one for those who don't use performance enhancing drugs, one for those who do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How did they expect to get away with an engine? And for the size that you could have a chance of hiding, what sort of difference could it have made?
They don’t even pay road tax.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here