Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Grounds Then and Now. Includes Us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There's a picture claiming to be of a Southampton v Albion match in 1898. Perhaps a slightly erroneous claim....

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Interesting read indeed. Still think we need to do more to The Amex to personalise it, some statues for example.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
It was interesting. With the exception of Wimbledon and us, it was good news stories in truth. Turned out well for us in the end though

:moo:

Attachments

• signi (2).jpe
    signi (2).jpe
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,216
  • segull shop.jpg
    segull shop.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 1,205

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting read indeed. Still think we need to do more to The Amex to personalise it, some statues for example.

Reckon the Amex is as already as admirably personalised as it's ever going to get. It's already got the memorial paving stones, the memorial shrine type thing, the guest bands, the guest beers, the guest pies, the applauding of away fans, the fanzone for home fans including that annoying scarf-twirling thing that delays the kick-off. Hard to see how more personalised the stadium could, or should, get.

el punal

There's a picture claiming to be of a Southampton v Albion match in 1898. Perhaps a slightly erroneous claim....

No, it's tru-ish. It was Brighton United and they were the first opponents of Southampton at the Dell. The Albion were invited to play the last game at the Dell in May 2001. Great atmosphere, we had just been promoted as the old Division 3 champions - I woz there!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
out of all the old grounds I've been to

Roker Park was my favourite

Northampton's was probably the worst

with the rope down one side

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's probably the first time the expression "fascinating little read" and the words Daily Mail have ever gone together.

It's one of my great regrets that I never got to Eastville ... pathetic, no?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No, it's tru-ish. It was Brighton United and they were the first opponents of Southampton at the Dell. The Albion were invited to play the last game at the Dell in May 2001. Great atmosphere, we had just been promoted as the old Division 3 champions - I woz there!

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here