Happy birthday John Lydon, 60 today

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Has he retired ? I have not seen any new butter adverts from him for a while ?

Quite. He changed the whole world concerning his presentation of butter. Inspired a whole new generation of dairy produce lovers.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
loved the Pistols

always thought he took himself a bit to serious

Steve Jones was my favourite Pistol,seemed to enjoy it while it was going,a well respected guitarist too

Happy Birthday Johnny Rotten

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you want to judge him on a 30 second advert against a music career spanning 40+ years then i guess you have a point.
Maybe the butter ad was more memorable.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The Pistols were great, but their time was short. PIL have been interesting throughout the years that have followed, producing some brilliant music alongside some...shall we say...not so brilliant.

John Lydon is a natural performer, and PIL are usually brilliant live.

The arrogance of those who dismiss him as 'talentless', and speak of 'proper' musicians is breath-taking. OK, so you didn't 'get' it. I don't 'get' loads of supposedly brilliant bands, but I wouldn't feel that those who do deserve the wisdom of my negative opinion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Pistols were great, but their time was short. PIL have been interesting throughout the years that have followed, producing some brilliant music alongside some...shall we say...not so brilliant.

John Lydon is a natural performer, and PIL are usually brilliant live.

The arrogance of those who dismiss him as 'talentless', and speak of 'proper' musicians is breath-taking. OK, so you didn't 'get' it. I don't 'get' loads of supposedly brilliant bands, but I wouldn't feel that those who do deserve the wisdom of my negative opinion.

Sorry, didn't realise that this was a praise only thread. If suggesting that I thought he was talentless is arrogant, so be it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here