Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No, I'm not referring to who our next striker might be! But anyone else see this at The Dome last night? Hilarious evening. Completely revised my opinion of Jack Dee who was a Comedy Master class. Really clever, inventive humour. Barry Cryer, Tim Brooke-Taylor and the other two panellists (?) kept the audience rocking with laughter and even played an encore. Plus kazoo playing and some great Brighton jokes, even the one about the Amex. (Thieves broke in to the Brighton and Hove Albion trophy room at the American Express Community Stadium. They stole the carpet!). And In the advertising slogans round - Hove, Gateway to Brighton! Eat your heart out Terry Garoghan, or had they found your old joke book? Cracking night out and don't miss both broadcasts on BBC iPlayer.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
We went to the afternoon show- agree great entertainment. Jeremy Hardy and Miles Jupp (or Giles Mupp as Jack Dee called him) were the other panellists. Barry Cryer's Elvis impression was great. Amazing levels of innuendo.

Jul 7, 2003
Always good fun. That was my fourth ISIHAC show - two of the stage shows and two radio recordings. Shame no Graeme Garden last night but Miles Jupp was a great stand in.

For those who know their radio history, there is a one off show of I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again taking place in Cheltenham allegedly with John Cleese taking part.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
No, I'm not referring to who our next striker might be! But anyone else see this at The Dome last night? Hilarious evening. Completely revised my opinion of Jack Dee who was a Comedy Master class. Really clever, inventive humour. Barry Cryer, Tim Brooke-Taylor and the other two panellists (?) kept the audience rocking with laughter and even played an encore. Plus kazoo playing and some great Brighton jokes, even the one about the Amex. (Thieves broke in to the Brighton and Hove Albion trophy room at the American Express Community Stadium. They stole the carpet!). And In the advertising slogans round - Hove, Gateway to Brighton! Eat your heart out Terry Garoghan, or had they found your old joke book? Cracking night out and don't miss both broadcasts on BBC iPlayer.
was the carpet insured ?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
These were stage shows - not radio recordings, so won't be on the iPlayer

That's a shame. Crossed my mind when I saw your other post. Still, it was a great night out and no disrespect intended to Jeremy and Miles, although I would have liked to see Graeme live. A 'ISIRTA' revival show would be fun. Required listening for me and used to tape the shows on my old reel to reel.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Great to finally see the show in the flesh after so many years of hearing it on the radio.

I haven't always been a fan of Jack Dee but he was masterful last night, Barry Cryer was on top form and Tim and Jeremy didn't miss a beat either.

I was a bit disappointed to see Miles Jupp in place of GG but to be fair to him he did very well.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh bloody hell, didn't realise this was happening!

I would have loved to go. :down:

Jul 7, 2003
That's a shame. Crossed my mind when I saw your other post. Still, it was a great night out and no disrespect intended to Jeremy and Miles, although I would have liked to see Graeme live. A 'ISIRTA' revival show would be fun. Required listening for me and used to tape the shows on my old reel to reel.

Not sure if you have seen but ISIRTA is often repeated on radio 4 extra and on the iPlayer. There are four episodes from 1969 on there at the moment

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I was really disappointed that the lovely Samantha couldn't make it. I had been looking forward to finally seeing her. Still, I am sure the various gentlemen who caused her delay, benefitted from her attentions. She is obviously a very caring lady. Perhaps I will finally get to see her next time.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It was a joyful occasion as always. I just hope Graeme is ok - he was absent from the last two episodes in the recent series as well.

Used to listen to the original broadcasts of "ISIRTA" on a crackly tranny in the school playground in 3rd year of secondary school, guess that dates me but reminds us how old messres Garden, Brook-Taylor and Oddie must be now. Must listen to some on iPlayer and be fondly reminded of the "Angus Prune tune" and the terrifying Lady Constance.

Used to listen to the original broadcasts of "ISIRTA" on a crackly tranny in the school playground in 3rd year of secondary school, guess that dates me but reminds us how old messres Garden, Brook-Taylor and Oddie must be now. Must listen to some on iPlayer and be fondly reminded of the "Angus Prune tune" and the terrifying Lady Constance.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Same here. It was broadcast at 12.30 IIRC - just in time for lunch hour. After all these years, I still know the words to Angus Prune

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Went to see last year in Watford and we all left at half time. Interestingly the audience was also the Epitome of White middle England, seemed fine if you buy your clothes at garden centres but we all felt we were perhaps 10 - 15 years off from being in on the gags. Still my dad enjoys it which is probably why I shouldn't...yet! :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here