Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whatever happened to the bloke with the big boom box who used to walked round town ?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Is he still about or has he gone digital ?

You can thank my kids for waking me up early and having strange memory flashbacks !

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
What happened to the guy who begged in St James St asked for Ten pence and if you gave him a pound would get annoyed.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
The bloke with the roller boots? Used to always be down hove lawns?

If it is this geezer he is on about he is still about minus big boom box
When I see him he is always shuffling around, looks as though he had either been beaten up or had some sort of accident

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What happened to the guy who begged in St James St asked for Ten pence and if you gave him a pound would get annoyed.

Mr Ten Penny. Haven't seen him since the 80s

Jul 7, 2003
Around 7pm on New Year's Day there was some strange bloke cycling around in circles by the bus stops at Churchill Square with a boom box strapped to the back of his bike playing loudly. Maybe the same one?

D

Deleted User X18H

Mr Ten Penny. Haven't seen him since the 80s

10p was a former Grenadier Guardsman. He succumbed to alcohol bless him.
Who remembers the huge with the staff? Saw him everywhere Hangleton, Stanmer Park , Hollingbury Golf course. Also used to read out loud to himself in bookshops. Older readers will remember 'wavy Davey' who would salute EVERY bus and the mad old dear in William Hill's at the station.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

Was that the sinister-looking bloke with the big rambler-type stick, used to stride along with a great sense of purpose, completely dressed in black with his face covered? Or was that somebody else?
No that was some other bloke. But I know who you mean.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was that the sinister-looking bloke with the big rambler-type stick, used to stride along with a great sense of purpose, completely dressed in black with his face covered? Or was that somebody else?

I'm pretty sure I saw your man minus stick on Thursday shuffling along the path above the marina as if on an Antarctic expedition. Haven't seen him for 3 or 4 years glad he's still about.

Is the Boom box man White Noise Man?

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Is he still about or has he gone digital ?

You can thank my kids for waking me up early and having strange memory flashbacks !
Tall, dark haired guy, used to walk quite quickly, not sure where he was always going. It was always so loud. Always saw him at the bottom of North Street.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I'm pretty sure I saw your man minus stick on Thursday shuffling along the path above the marina as if on an Antarctic expedition. Haven't seen him for 3 or 4 years glad he's still about.

Is the Boom box man White Noise Man?
Yes he was\is white

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Always saw him in queens road. Must be about 10 years since I've seen him. Funnily enough didn't actually stand out to much in Brighton.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
The current roaming character in Brighton is the man who flies around the town centre squares daily on his bike with Christmas lights and music blaring. Long hair, I think he's Jesus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here