Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Groves

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Early days I know but encouraging signs with new trainer Shane Mcguigan.
You do wonder if things might have been different for him had he had a credible trainer in his corner for both Froch and the Badou Jack fights rather than the clueless Paddy Fitzpatrick?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I hope Groves gets back to his best, some good signs last night, but a few things I noticed might not bode well against more stellar opposition. Mainly his footwork looked clumsy, a couple of times he ended up square on and a few times his back leg came across and ahead of his front foot.

He was throwing the right hand a lot and leaving his chin exposed too.

I really hope he gets on track there are some cracking fights out there with Smith, Murray & De Gale.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know little about boxing but found myself reading a very recent interview with him a few days ago. Have to say he seems a thoroughly decent and thoughtful bloke. I wish him well.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Seems to blame everyone but himself. This recent video proves it.

To be fair to him taking on a almost novice trainer at any decent level in Paddy was a huge mistake and if you listen to Kalle Saurland he was getting terrible advice from his trainer.

Thought he did everything he needed to and certainly has the ability. Would love it if he beat that moron DeGale a third time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here