Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic Loanee Strikers

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assuming what Eddie Howe is right and we dont get GM and cant afford a £6m signing who is there that we could and perhaps should be chasing to loan to bring in as a striker. Lets have some serious suggestions for discussion as to possible availability, price, suitability etc.

My starter Peter Crouch or Steven Fletcher

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You say suitable suggestions and then suggest two players who we could never afford

Why is that? If we had to pay all of their £40k wages per week that is only about £500k for the rest of the season which must be an investment if they can score the goals that get us promoted. A decision for TB yes but an interesting point for us to discuss.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Assuming what Eddie Howe is right and we dont get GM and cant afford a £6m signing who is there that we could and perhaps should be chasing to loan to bring in as a striker. Lets have some serious suggestions for discussion as to possible availability, price, suitability etc.

My starter Peter Crouch or Steven Fletcher

Crouch didn't look match fit the other night for Stoke and Fletcher doesn't score enough goals- Good player though.

I am still hanging my hat on Aroune Kone or Jordan Rhodes as permanent signings but if there is to be a signing, they are giving absolutely nothing away because I asked the question and there was no answer forthcoming

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crouch didn't look match fit the other night for Stoke and Fletcher doesn't score enough goals- Good player though.

I am still hanging my hat on Aroune Kone or Jordan Rhodes as permanent signings but if there is to be a signing, they are giving absolutely nothing away because I asked the question and there was no answer forthcoming

Would it be worth sounding Middlesbro out over Kike now they have got Rhodes, it would probably have to be a purchase.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So have we really given up on signing a quality striker on a permanent? Really disappointing given all the hype about spending millions that we are now scratching around for a loan signing when we should have sorted this striker problem years ago.

The club have kept quiet throughout but have not once tried to stifle the expectation that built of spending 7 to 10 million on South Americans that so many on here blindly believed. Was this a little deceitful or good business sense by the club given the 1901 renewals being due? We were never going to spend that sort of money were we?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So have we really given up on signing a quality striker on a permanent? Really disappointing given all the hype about spending millions that we are now scratching around for a loan signing when we should have sorted this striker problem years ago.

The club have kept quiet throughout but have not once tried to stifle the expectation that built of spending 7 to 10 million on South Americans.

Nobody has said that it is just a matter of who is or may be available either to buy or even loan, the market is very bare at the moment.at a realistic price. When Afobe went for £10m that set the mark.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Would it be worth sounding Middlesbro out over Kike now they have got Rhodes, it would probably have to be a purchase.

I don't think Middlsbough have got Rhodes yet, have they? I thought a fee had been accepted but that's as far as it is. If that's the case then we know how much he would cost and would b up to us to counter it and convince the lad himself if he was a target

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think Middlsbough have got Rhodes yet, have they? I thought a fee had been accepted but that's as far as it is. If that's the case then we know how much he would cost and would b up to us to counter it and convince the lad himself if he was a target

Sorry I thought that it was signed and sealed as reported he was at their training ground earlier to day. Would we counter the bid, do you think, I know it is your opinion not CH or anybody elses?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Sorry I thought that it was signed and sealed as reported he was at their training ground earlier to day. Would we counter the bid, do you think, I know it is your opinion not CH or anybody elses?
it seems out limit is around the £2m mark so I think Rhodes is out of the question tbh. Although I don't think he will score many goals for Boro unless they start playing 442.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would think he is out of our range but who knows, hence asking about possible loans and again the cupboard seems quite bare.

It always is if you wait until the 11th hour. We should just be grateful that we got someone of the quality of Knockaert in, at least he can cross the ball to our misfiring strikers and take a free kick.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Why is that? If we had to pay all of their £40k wages per week that is only about £500k for the rest of the season which must be an investment if they can score the goals that get us promoted. A decision for TB yes but an interesting point for us to discuss.

We can't afford to pay someone £40k a week !! If we did I'd want better than those two

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here