Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jürgen Klopp King of the Kop - WHY?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
On the BBC Sport site is the following photo taken, presumably, outside Anfield

_88013290_liverpool_build_up_getty.jpg

Can anyone tell me why Liverpool fans or ANYONE for that matter would consider Jürgen Klopp, a manager just 25 games into his job who has so far achieved little more than a less than excellent win percentage of 48%, to be some sort of KING?

I have no problem with him or with Liverpool BUT have I missed something that has somehow endeared him to the bin dippers in such a way as to deserve such accolades? Or am I just being stupid and any manager, regardless of results, would be treated in the same way by blindly loyal scousers?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Because Scousers show an awful lot of passion over footie. Most of it is ill placed jingoism about their home city, but they really are ready to jump on the nearest/newest bandwagon about their club at the drop of a hat, even more so right now as their lack of success and belief in their divine right to be the best means that they will clutch at any/all/nearest straws!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Even ignoring the catchy rhyme, why are they selling scarves with his face on?

Hughton has been with us for over a year now and this season has started excellently for him but I don't see his face adorning scarves proclaiming him king of the Albion.

Gus Poyet was the most successful Albion manager in over 30 years. Did he get his face on a scarf?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because he's their manager and they're backing him. I think you'll find that at most clubs, maybe more with Klopp because it rhymes.

To get so angry about it confuses me.
I think you'll find that the use of the derogatory term 'bin dippers' gives you a clue where such anger is coming from.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm not angry so much as I'm confused.

If I saw scarves with Sami Hyypia's face on a few weeks after his appointment I'd be utterly embarrassed. Just as I would were we selling tat boldly celebrating any manager whose tenure was less than three months in.

Perhaps I'm old skool in believing you should ACHIEVE SOMETHING before being heralded as the new messiah

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because they're trying to MAKE MONEY?! Ffs, are people dumb or what...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Liverpool were a credit to the nation winning 4 European cups in 7 years between 77-84 a bit like the beatles

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Personally, I think he has been a breath of fresh air to the premier league. Honest with the press, cheerful, exhuberant, charismatic, doesn't cause offence, loyal to his players, and has a good relationship with the fans. Has a good track record in Germany. Certainly has a better rapport with the fans than most of their more recent managers.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
They wouldn't make them if people didn't buy them.

My query was over why as a fan you would want to proudly proclaim this man to be your king after just 3 months at the helm and no achievements to date

The scarf hawkers are responsible for them not the fans!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is Football, hype is a way of life. get a chant going that rhymes , win a game and your destined to get to Wembley, win two games in the league and you are on your way to the Champions League...it's all bollocks though yet still we do it .

el punal

On the BBC Sport site is the following photo taken, presumably, outside Anfield

_88013290_liverpool_build_up_getty.jpg

Can anyone tell me why Liverpool fans or ANYONE for that matter would consider Jürgen Klopp, a manager just 25 games into his job who has so far achieved little more than a less than excellent win percentage of 48%, to be some sort of KING?

I have no problem with him or with Liverpool BUT have I missed something that has somehow endeared him to the bin dippers in such a way as to deserve such accolades? Or am I just being stupid and any manager, regardless of results, would be treated in the same way by blindly loyal scousers?

Because if you actually look at the photo it's some street tat trader trying to flog off crap unofficial merchandise. I would imagine no self respecting Liverpool fan would go anywhere near it.

Did you also notice that I didn't use your disrespectful and derogatory term "bin dippers". Same way as I dislike being called a poof, gay, homo, queer, etc. because I'm a Brighton fan. Right, I'll get back on my high horse now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here