Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Blackman - am I missing something?

Dec 29, 2011
Went to Derby for £3m, only got 18 goals in 103 games for Reading and is hardly young. Why was he so expensive? If he came to Brighton for £1m id still be disappointed as 1 goal every 5 games is pretty bad.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
He is awful, well not awful but not great

The commentary last night showed they didn't know what they were talking about as he spent years on the wing for Reading with no end product. He managed a good start this year and then it tailed off but that has been the highlight of his career. He may come good but I would be surprised, fairly average player

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bought as contingency in case Martin gets injured although he hasn't done much recently. Blackman currently playing wide and not doing much.
The difference in class between the Prem and Championship was highlighted by Chris Martin last night, a good player in our league but completely anonymous against United.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Went to Derby for £3m, only got 18 goals in 103 games for Reading and is hardly young. Why was he so expensive? If he came to Brighton for £1m id still be disappointed as 1 goal every 5 games is pretty bad.

Panic buying.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What his transfer does do, is make it virtually impossible for any club to find a bargain 'on the cheap'.

Yet it's a strategy the AMEX era Albion has persisted with, for far too long.
All the success of Leo means is that we're in for a fair few more failed 'windows'.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What his transfer does do, is make it virtually impossible for any club to find a bargain 'on the cheap'.

Yet it's a strategy the AMEX era Albion has persisted with, for far too long.
All the success of Leo means is that we're in for a fair few more failed 'windows'.

But at the moment we are in a play off place and above Derby County (for now) so we are doing something right.....look how much they have spent on their squad!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I have a useless cork hat that I've collected, Derby have offered me 5m for that as well. Basically.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here