Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The milk debate

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Which milk do you usually indulge in...

Full fat?
Semi skimmed?
1% fat?

And then, which bottle size do you usually try squeeze in the fridge?

For me it's 4 pint bottle semi skimmed :moo:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
2 pint semi.........oooer missus!

4 Pinter goes off too quick in our house, and yes, we have got a fridge, and yes, we do keep the milk in it, and yes, it is turned on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
6 pint semi-skimmed on weekly shop. Occasionally need extra pint or 2 during the week depending how much cereal we eat.

Thatcher stole my milk :moo:
She didn't steal anything. She decided it's parents' responsibility to pay for adequate nourishment of their offspring. What I lost from my third-of-a-pint was made up for at home.
Nowadays it's a full two quart plastic bottle of whole milk from Asda for 89p. None of your whitewater for me, unless it's drastically reduced due to the use-by date!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anything except skimmed red top. I buy in Semi skimmed but will drink anything green top or above if required. Gold top at my nan's in a china cup.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
4 pint semi skimmed now £1 in most supermarkets, no wonder the old milkman has virtually vanished. Up until a couple of months ago my sister in law had 3 pints a day delivered but it went to 42p pint so she stopped and went to Tesco 1/4 mile from her house to get it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Breast is best.

But semi skimmed for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
If and when we follow the lead of the city of San Francisco and ban the use of plastic bottles ... what will we do then? Move to cartons? Or return to glass?

They sell milk in BAGS here, it's just weird and I can't bring myself to buy them.

To answer the question, I buy 2% (semi-skimmed) 2 litre cartons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They sell milk in BAGS here, it's just weird and I can't bring myself to buy them.

To answer the question, I buy 2% (semi-skimmed) 2 litre cartons.

Sainsburys used to sell milk in a bag with a jug to transfer it to but havent seen them for some time,but then again havent looked,.so perhaps that is the way forward instead of a bag of peas you get a bag of milk,.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here