Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BBC here we go again!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
So all we need to do to guess the identity of the alleged offender is to spot which celebrity drops off our screens in the next month or so?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh God. Shirley not?

Well I've no idea. Somebody just asked for a popular BBC family entertainment programme and that was the only one that sprang to mind.

Given that the complainant is apparently a man in his twenties, and this is supposedly a very recent thing as opposed to a historical one, I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's probably not the individual you're thinking of!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well I've no idea. Somebody just asked for a popular BBC family entertainment programme and that was the only one that sprang to mind.

Given that the complainant is apparently a man in his twenties, and this is supposedly a very recent thing as opposed to a historical one, I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's probably not the individual you're thinking of!

I'm relieved. I have no affection for the person you think I'm thinking of, but I'd still be gutted if it were that person.

Now, Savile was always a wrong'un.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"family show" is pretty vague. Could be any number of shows, quizzes, talent shows, soaps, comedies, sports. Even "popular" is arguable in modern television terms (with the increase in online viewing, digital recording and watching later/catch up TV services, viewing figures across the board are down, so even ones that don't sound like they get a lot of viewers could still be considered popular).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm relieved. I have no affection for the person you think I'm thinking of, but I'd still be gutted if it were that person.

Same here. It wouldn't be nice to see him, in that position, would it?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So all we need to do to guess the identity of the alleged offender is to spot which celebrity drops off our screens in the next month or so?
Not necessarily, harder to spot if it's a drama show to be broadcast later in the year.

If filming is imminent it's probably an autumn show if it's not live, as not much drama will be broadcast in the summer.

Last edited:

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Hasn't done any TV work for them, well, ever really. Let alone recently and upcoming.

Yeah, I know. I was watching a 1981 TOTP when I posted and he was presenting it. The bloke was an utter nause with his chummy, matey style and managed to have a couple of 'cuddles' with the girls on the set during the show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here