Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

warren aspinall says murray deal close

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
All fingers crossed for this.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
But Andy Naylor says Bournemouth are digging in their heels and naming him in their 25 man squad. Whose ear is closer to the ground?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Depends when Aspinall made his statement compared to when bournemouth made theirs

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
warren said a deal is close to sign murray just a few loose ends to sort out

Are you sure it wasn't just him trying to pronounce Azpilicueta?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But Andy Naylor says Bournemouth are digging in their heels and naming him in their 25 man squad. Whose ear is closer to the ground?

Eddie Howe said it in his press conference & it was reported in the Bournemouth Echo. That's where Naylor picked it up from.
Aspinall's interview was on BBC Sussex this morning, so before Howe.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
If Murray does return then I shall support him enthusiastically - and of course it is wholly understandable that he should go where the money and prospects are best - he's a professional after all. But there is also something unambitious and passionless about this prospective move and I really don't like it. I have no time for those who claim he would love to play for us again, as if it's all about finding his way back to his first love.... That's bull - it just business and nothing more - and for a passionate supporter like me, it would be a dispiriting development to re-sign a player whom the club 'gave away' five years ago.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
If Murray does return then I shall support him enthusiastically - and of course it is wholly understandable that he should go where the money and prospects are best - he's a professional after all. But there is also something merely 'comfortable' and passionless about this prospective move and I really don't like it. I have no time for those who claim he would love to come back, as if it's all about finding his way back to his first love.... That's bull - it just business and nothing more - and for a passionate supporter like me, it would be a dispiriting development to re-sign a player who the club 'gave away' five years ago.

About right, hope it doesn't happen but would go with any flow. Anyone believing any badge kissing would be deluded....imho.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I am serious, bet you were clapping him when when he scored for reading last year.

come on if his goals help us get promoted will you boo him ? the hatred with Palace is not like it was .. we only saw them at the games not got a chance to abuse them via the net,,

Last edited:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Who cares, don't want this palace mug back at my club.

Boy, that is a very very stupid thing to say. If he's the guy for the job and if he helps get us promoted who the hell cares which clubs he's played for in his career? As far as I'm concerned he could have been chairman of the Palace Supporters Club and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

And the fact is that he left us for a lot more money which we stupidly were not prepared to match. Nearly everyone I know would change employers for a wacking great pay rise. I'm sure one reason Palace was an interesting option for him was because of their proximity and the fact that he did not have to uproot his family.

So personally I'd welcome Glenn back with open arms.

And another thing, we really do need to stop obsessing about Crystal Palace. A bit of friendly rivalry is fine, but some Seagulls supporters take things far far too seriously.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If Murray does return then I shall support him enthusiastically - and of course it is wholly understandable that he should go where the money and prospects are best - he's a professional after all. But there is also something unambitious and passionless about this prospective move and I really don't like it. I have no time for those who claim he would love to play for us again, as if it's all about finding his way back to his first love.... That's bull - it just business and nothing more - and for a passionate supporter like me, it would be a dispiriting development to re-sign a player whom the club 'gave away' five years ago.

We did give him away. The difference was Brighton offered 9,000 a week, Palace 13000, Glen wanted 11000 and would have stayed if the club had met him halfway, they did not so he left.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
he can **** off as far as I'm concerned,coming to Brighton for his pension

Mullers went up there and will always be tainted

this boy hasn't done anything compared to Mullers

ok all the hipstering, aren't I clever, PC brigade won't agree

but I don't give a shit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here