Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How fixed is the Championship Play Off Final date?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Now quite clearly I want us in the top two and not arsing about with the play offs but......

I am trying to book something with the family that once booked can't be cancelled, and we are looking at Monday 30th May.

The footballI league say Championship Play Off Final is Saturday 28th May, League One Sunday 29th May and League Two Monday 30th May.

It seems odd doing it this way round when the Championship used to be the last game but I think they have done this for a few seasons now?

So do I take the gamble that they won't shift it around again and anyway we won't be there OR do I not risk it.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Now quite clearly I want us in the top two and not arsing about with the play offs but......

I am trying to book something with the family that once booked can't be cancelled, and we are looking at Monday 30th May.

The footballI league say Championship Play Off Final is Saturday 28th May, League One Sunday 29th May and League Two Monday 30th May.

It seems odd doing it this way round when the Championship used to be the last game but I think they have done this for a few seasons now?

So do I take the gamble that they won't shift it around again and anyway we won't be there OR do I not risk it.

I think they changed it around because the Championship clubs complained about the state of the pitch after having the lower league HOOFERS play on it for the two days preceding their game.

I have given up trying to make sure I don't plan anything on final day, I have for the 3 years we have made the playoffs and we never get to the final. So this year I am sure I will be busy and we will probably get there

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

It's usually this way round when the WC/Euros are on in the summer.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think they changed it around because the Championship clubs complained about the state of the pitch after having the lower league HOOFERS play on it for the two days preceding their game.

I have given up trying to make sure I don't plan anything on final day, I have for the 3 years we have made the playoffs and we never get to the final. So this year I am sure I will be busy and we will probably get there

Yes please make sure you are busy on the day . . . PLEEEEEZE!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Better get it right, the tickets are a fecking fortune.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I do wish you had altered your thread title, my first thought was that there was some Blatter involvement. :eek:

laugh out loud moment, excellent.

Who knows, he may well have done. Probably the reason Palace won their play off final. Corrupt the lot of them.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Yeah I'm planning a holiday for end of may. The moment I book the flights is the moment to guarantee that we'll make the playoff final.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The Championship playoff was the day before us in 2004, at the Millenium. We went on the train and were told that Palace had used it the day before, and also had sat in the same end as us.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thankfully Fifa don't get involved, so not that fixed.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What I want to know is, in the event that we reached the play off final, whether our very own footballing hipster, Return of the Rev, would buy a ticket, or whether he'd be too depressed by the thought of the terrible atmosphere, sanitised stadium and general sense of optimism abounding in the run-up?

There must be an FA Vase final or something that he'd rather go to.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What I want to know is, in the event that we reached the play off final, whether our very own footballing hipster, Return of the Rev, would buy a ticket, or whether he'd be too depressed by the thought of the terrible atmosphere, sanitised stadium and general sense of optimism abounding in the run-up?

There must be an FA Vase final or something that he'd rather go to.
Probably would depend if Bradford are there the next day :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If the date changes there will be a fecking riot as I have booked a holiday to go on the Sunday just in case

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Does this help?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/keydates.aspx

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here