Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX* Semi final live draw***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Well, here we are. It's semi final time for WHC IX. Lets hope for some good, clean hard fought battles that avoid some of the unsavoury scenes we saw in quarter final four. The combatants deserve nothing less. They've pawed, bitten, mauled, gored, gouged, maimed, torn, shredded, battered and eaten their way to a place in the final four. They are one step away from playing at the hallowed Animal Dome. History, form, experience it all goes out the window now. It's about hunger, desire, determination. Who wants it the most?

The numbers for the semi finalists are:

1 - Grasshopper Mouse
2 - Salt Water Crocodile
3 - Wolverine
4 - Malayan Sun Bear

Our guest ball drawer today is the Hall of Fame Legend, Polar Bear:

dn25535-1_300.jpg

The balls are in the bag and Polar has given them a good pawing.

We're ready for the first number...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's number 1 - Grasshopper Mouse. He's in his first ever semi final in only his third season in the WHC. He's done fabulously to get this far. Who will he be up against?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Number 3. Wolverine. Wolverine has had a stupendous tournament, knocking out a former champ in each of the his opening three rounds. He'll surely be going into this match up full of confidence.

We'll be getting a first time finalist whoever wins this semi final as neither have ever been to the Animal Dome. It's a big big big opportunity for both these ferocious little fellas.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
TEAM MOUSE HOUSE. Not the easiest draw, however Enough room to squeeze into the final.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
that leaves semi final 2 to be contested by number 2, Salt Water Crocodile and number 4, Malayan Sun Bear. Will the S.W.C take his title defence all the way to the Dome, or will the M.S.B shake off the controversy of his quarter final win and make it two debutants at the Animal Dome?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think the Bear is severely underestimated here, although the Croc is worthy foe. The winner comes from SF2. The Mouse and Wolverine vey much the Murray Raonic of the two ties.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'll be voting Mouse - its absurd of course but then so were the bear shenanigans in QF4

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Lets face it, the Bear only got here due to the unheard of levels of tactical voting by supporters of other creatures who feared meeting up with the HB in the semis or the final.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I honestly cannot fathom how the Croc doesn't just walk this every year.

He's a pre-historic nutcase that a giant space meteor couldn't kill.

But he's just a bit ... dull

You can't imagine him having a pint and then flipping out. He just lies around and then attacks. the mouse is a nutter, he would walk into a bar, it would go silent and then he would get a pint poured not pay for it (you don't charge the mouse) and then just go and nut someone for being in his pub.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
When will the battles be taking place?

Good question! I'm mortified that I forgot to mention it:eek:

Semi final 1 will run from monday 1st Feb - wed 3rd feb.

Semi final 2 will run from wed 3rd feb - fri 5th feb.

The Final will be held on monday 8th of feb with the closing ceremony on wed 10th feb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here