Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley, Saturday 2nd April 2016

el punal

As we seem to be the go-to club for appearing on TV, (i.e. totally knackering up any plans for watching the Albion according to the original fixture list), is there a realistic chance that the Burnley match will be played at 3.00 pm on 2nd April?

I've got friends who have never been to the Amex but would like to watch an Albion match, but only on a Saturday. Now I don't want to be a complete muppet and buy tickets and find that the date/time has been changed. The Burnley fixture is the one that's been pencilled in for their attendance.

Can anyone advise me whether, 1) This fixture has been selected for TV coverage, or 2) How much notice do TV companies have to give when choosing a game?

Look forward to your replies.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
At a guess I'd say either the Burnley game or the Derby game will end up on TV, with a rearranged date and/or KO time.

That doesn't help you, but it is what was being discussed last week with a few members of staff in the overline lounge.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not scheduled for tv at present. Sky have not released the scheduled April football league tv games yet so I would hold off until they are released. Actual notice can be weeks or days although usually weeks. Although the game will be a top 6 game I would expect print at home still to be available on the day

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
For once, this is one I wouldn't mind being shifted, as I can't make that one.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
The club offered 2 tickets for just £15 to junior seagulls e.g 1 child + 1 parent in a letter sent back in October. This offer only applied for two games. The first was the Birmingham game which was and stayed a 3pm kick off. The 2nd (for which I've bought my 5 year old our tickets) is the Burnley game. Also a 3pm kick off and an ideal game for offering this kind of deal. I'm not naive enough to think that the club can stop Sky from moving this game to a 7.45 Friday night kick off but with this offer having been in place this long I'm wondering if it does get moved then if anything I can see it moving to a Sunday lunch/afternoon. If it does get moved to the friday night game then there's gonna be plenty of annoyed parents who wouldn't have taken up the offer originally as taking a small child to a night game does not appeal. Unlikely to bother Sky but perhaps could be a factor in the match remaining at least a daytime kick off. We'll see

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hope it is not moved as we have very few Saturday home games left this season already. As I see it 3 vs Bolton Burnley and Derby.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
If you buy a ticket for the Burnley/Derby games and they are moved , are you able to get a refund if you can't attend the revised fixture?!

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I don't think this one will be televised. The reverse fixture was on Sky (22 November), and I don't think they like to show both games in a given season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The club offered 2 tickets for just £15 to junior seagulls e.g 1 child + 1 parent in a letter sent back in October. This offer only applied for two games. The first was the Birmingham game which was and stayed a 3pm kick off. The 2nd (for which I've bought my 5 year old our tickets) is the Burnley game. Also a 3pm kick off and an ideal game for offering this kind of deal. I'm not naive enough to think that the club can stop Sky from moving this game to a 7.45 Friday night kick off but with this offer having been in place this long I'm wondering if it does get moved then if anything I can see it moving to a Sunday lunch/afternoon. If it does get moved to the friday night game then there's gonna be plenty of annoyed parents who wouldn't have taken up the offer originally as taking a small child to a night game does not appeal. Unlikely to bother Sky but perhaps could be a factor in the match remaining at least a daytime kick off. We'll see

I really wouldn't get your hopes up too high. What Sky wants, ultimately Sky gets.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If both teams are right in the mix, I reckon odds on that it gets moved. An absolute shìtter, but I bet it happens, especially when you look at the fixture list as none of the others will involve two promotion chasing clubs:

Blackburn v Preston 12:30
Bolton v Reading 15:00
Brighton v Burnley 15:00
Cardiff v Derby 15:00
Charlton v Birmingham 15:00
Fulham v MK Dons 15:00
Huddersfield v Sheff Wed 15:00
Hull v Bristol City 15:00
Nottm Forest v Brentford 15:00
QPR v Middlesbrough 15:00
Rotherham v Leeds 15:00
Wolves v Ipswich 15:00

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I've already got a secondary booking for the REMF Quiz to be on the Thursday that week if the Burnley game does get shifted to the Friday.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blackburn v Preston Derby game? Game already moved to 12:30.

I fear it will be us though.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The only Sunday kickoffs are 12pm which would be seriously shithouse. There are also no trains to Victoria on the Sunday FYI.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Remember they have to show every club a certain number of times, so we MIGHT escape. They can make a story out of nearly all of them, if they want to...

Blackburn v Preston: Lancashire derby between two former GIANTS of the game.
Bolton v Reading: Sack-race special.
Brighton v Burnley: Promotion battlers go head to head
Cardiff v Derby: Can the new Cardiff boss reignite play-off hopes, against third placed Derby
Charlton v Birmingham: Is this the day Charlton's relegation is confirmed?
Fulham v MK Dons: (give me a break, I said NEARLY all)
Huddersfield v Sheff Wed: YAWKSHIRE derby, Can Wendy halt Hudds remarkable SURGE to the top six?
Hull v Bristol City: They're both desperate for the points Clive, but for very different reasons.
Nottm Forest v Brentford: Both still pushing for sixth.
QPR v Middlesbrough: Can JFH get that elusive first win, in his 25th match? Which of Boro's 14 strikers will play?
Rotherham v Leeds: Evans, Redfearn hate each other, go head to head against their respective former clubs.
Wolves v Ipswich: Mick and Terry back at the club that sacked them, fighting to keep their season alive.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here