Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Favourite UB 40 track?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Started off as a great band but sold out and became a bit shit (IMO) but some of their early stuff is still very playable

I'll start the ball rolling with

Madam Medusa

In fact I like just about all of Signing Off

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
New song

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Started off as a great band but sold out and became a bit shit (IMO) but some of their early stuff is still very playable

I'll start the ball rolling with

Madam Medusa

In fact I like just about all of Signing Off

Yup, the earlier the better for them as far as I'm concerned.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Earth dies screaming
Lambs bread
Present arms
Don't slow down
Burden of shame
Tyler
Don't break my heart
I would do for you
Riddle me
Piper calls the tune

Couldn't pick one so did a top 10

Loved Ali Campbell latest album (silhouette ) with Astro & Mickey reuniting with him, especially the Bob Dylan track " I want you"
Always been a fan of Ub40 mainly just the early stuff but every now and then they come back with a decent album
Not interested in the ub40 without Ali anymore the 2 albums they've released without him were shocking, that's why it was great to hear him singing again with Astro on the Silhouette album, had that early ub40 sound on a few tracks

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Is there one called "this is mostly shit ripped off struggling Jamaican artists only not as good while we pretend that being on the dole in Birmingham is the worst thing in the world"?

If not I'm probably not going to vote.

C***s.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is there one called "this is mostly shit ripped off struggling Jamaican artists only not as good while we pretend that being on the dole in Birmingham is the worst thing in the world"?

C***s.

UB40 were the reason I didn't like reggae. Then, Mrs P introduced me to proper reggae and I love it.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Food for Thought.

Love the albums Signing Off and Present Arms.

Can we agree to ignore the ignorant posters who only know commercial UB40.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Hard to pick a favourite, although i like the Geoffrey Morgan LP best.
The first time i saw them was in 1980 in Liverpool, a great night and true to their UB40 moniker they had very cheap tickets for those that could show their UB40 card when buying their ticket.
They were also very popular in Jamaica, as i found out when i went there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

C***s.

Of course you are right, but ...

...UB40 restored to balance to those struggling Jamaican artists.

Said singers had all been ripped off x years earlier by the original record producers.
UB40 wrestled that credit away, and on whichever is their biggest and durgiest album, credited all the original performers.
The band, almost over night, created so many Jamaican millionaires with their shite renditions, the island almost ran out of room for new mansions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here