Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Albion piece in Soccerex Pro

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://issuu.com/henleymedia/docs/soccerexpro_09

The people were determined not to let the club go. And that was an incredible period of campaigning, and bucket collections, of people standing in and paying bills that, frankly, a lot of people would never have done. Some of those people are still around and connected to the club, some of those people aren’t, but it was a massive community effort to stop the club going out of existence - and then an even bigger one to get this place built.

And as a consequence of that, the city and the people that live in it feel that they’ve got a stake in this football club that is perhaps way beyond what most supporters would probably say.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 12.03.03.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 12.02.09.png

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
An interesting read. I find it amazing that Barber and Jones have managed to reduce pre-football related spend, from £16million down to £11 million a year, in thier time together at the club.

I can't say I've noticed any negative impact on my match day experience in that time, which makes it all the more remarkable.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
An interesting read. I find it amazing that Barber and Jones have managed to reduce pre-football related spend, from £16million down to £11 million a year, in thier time together at the club.

I can't say I've noticed any negative impact on my match day experience in that time, which makes it all the more remarkable.

I wouldn't say it is that remarkable. When we first moved to the Amex we literally threw money away on stewards and other non essentials. Even on non match days they had more gloating about manning the car parks. Now we just have the gatehouse person.

I still think we have too many outside the stadium pre match.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here