Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Mr Bloom, when do you show your hand?....

When do we sign a striker?

• By Friday night

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • By Sunday night

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • On transfer deadline day

Votes: 72 43.4%
  • Not at all, we are not signing one

Votes: 78 47.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
When will we sign a striker?...

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Cards-winning-hand-KNOW1.jpg

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Personally i think he is playing a bluff but that's my opinion. Maybe he HAD the money but no longer has it?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is there anyone out there that will improve us and willing to join us in this transfer window?

If not, do you sign someone just for the sake of it to appease the fans or hold fire until the summer when you try again?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Is there anyone out there that will improve us and willing to join us in this transfer window?

If not, do you sign someone just for the sake of it to appease the fans or hold fire until the summer when you try again?
There's lots of players better than what we have that would be willing to join us if the salary is right.

The real question is will bloom pay the going rate for a proven striker?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is there anyone out there that will improve us and willing to join us in this transfer window

Almost certainly there is. Question is whether TB is happy to foot the substantial amount of money it will cost, either as a loan or a permanent signing. We are better placed than we were the January we signed Ulloa and missed out on the Dutch defender, so it would seem quite possible that we might sign an expensive quality player for the final push. Personally think the top of the division is much stronger than it was when we ended up fourth, so it would still be a big gamble even if we sign a very good forward.

If TB is content with the progress we have made this season, and why wouldn't he be, then it is entirely possible we will not sign the quality of striker required for the final push and will be content to wait until the summer.

There is no way of reading how this will turn out, the club play their cards very close to their chest. Personally think we will not sign the quality of player we need.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can't understand why Tony has not just popped down to Strikers R Us and picked up a "Premier league potential for Championship money" model already?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I can't understand why Tony has not just popped down to Strikers R Us and picked up a "Premier league potential for Championship money" model already?
They don't exist

But in the real world McCormack and Rhodes do exist, who have scored regularly at any club they've been at.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Losing it on the back of several Championship seasons seems a distinct possibility though.

IF your wealth is over £3bn then a £10m loss per season would hopefully be more than recouped each years by interest and investment gains.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
There's lots of players better than what we have that would be willing to join us if the salary is right.

The real question is will bloom pay the going rate for a proven striker?

Exactly right, we know the players who are available it's just a case of whether Tony decides to push the boat out...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
IF your wealth is over £3bn then a £10m loss per season would hopefully be more than recouped each years by interest and investment gains.

Indeed. Without wanting to sound flippant £10m a season wouldn't be a major concern for our chairman.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What frustrates me with some attitudes on here is that the signing of Knockaert is ignored when moaning about a striker. He is surely an expensive and quality player, possibly the best signing in the Championship this transfer window, and has improved our squad a lot.

I said before, I'm not sure if we will get a striker in the window or not but we've definitely strengthened however it ends up and we've improved a ridiculous amount since last season. I don't understand why people can't just enjoy the season, it's so much better than last year. We've been great so far and I'm confident this squad can make the play offs. If we sign a striker, it will be a bonus, but why do we need countless threads on here going on about the same topic?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What frustrates me with some attitudes on here is that the signing of Knockaert is ignored when moaning about a striker. He is surely an expensive and quality player, possibly the best signing in the Championship this transfer window, and has improved our squad a lot.

I said before, I'm not sure if we will get a striker in the window or not but we've definitely strengthened however it ends up and we've improved a ridiculous amount since last season. I don't understand why people can't just enjoy the season, it's so much better than last year. We've been great so far and I'm confident this squad can make the play offs. If we sign a striker, it will be a bonus, but why do we need countless threads on here going on about the same topic?

Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiment the club haven't kept it a secret that they have been looking to land one, potentially for a lot of money. For this reason people will continue to speculate and to a certain extent expect a signing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here