Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Holla to FC Groningen

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Is what I have heard from a friend, unsure whether it's a loan or permanent, don't shoot the messenger.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Thanks. Bye.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hope so. he really was the ultimate panic buy.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I cant remember what he was like as a player, but if he's not going to get a game, it would make sense to free up some wages for elsewhere.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looked the business to begin with but his form and the effort he appeared to put in to games tailed off.
Time to move on for all concerned.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
There's a very good ball playing midfielder in there, but it's clear Hughton doesn't fancy him so it's probably best for all concerned if he does leave as he won't get chances with us and his career will stagnate.

I certainly don't remember him letting the side down when he played last year though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't think he was ever 'awful'. He just didn't cover enough ground and lacked the power needed to dominate the middle of the park in Championship football. He wasn't helped by being paired with the likes of Ince, JFC or Gardener. By the time Stephens was back and we'd signed Kayal, CH had decided he didn't fancy him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So you're the Transfer News Live twitter feed owner, or your friend is.

Hope they pay us a fee.

I'd imagine his friend read it there though. Hopefully true - would be a weird thing for them to make up..!

Holla was our best midfielder when he first came & almost first name on team sheet for a while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here