Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where to sit at the Theatre Royal (Sunny Afternoon)

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Been a few times (Quadrophenia, a few plays), not at all recently though - always struggle with leg room (they were such short arses in the old days). Any recommendations of where to sit? Always use theatremonkey for the big smoke but it's only London-centric. Suggestions gratefully recently!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well like you, I've only been a few times, and not at all recently. The last timne I went, the wife & I, plus a couple of friends, reserved a box.

It was surprisingly reasonably priced, and didn't cost a lot more than four individual seats in the front stalls. No end of leg room, and a great view of the stage.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Depends on the view you want. Leg room improves further back in the stalls.
I believe if its staged as for london and the rest of the tour the layout will change a bit as the show in.question uses a walkway out from centre stage

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Stalls or Royal Circle. Near the front if you can, for both options.

Having said that, I've sat in all four levels, and it's all fine. Never had a box though.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
We tried the boxes but found the view a bit restricted. We always sit from row L backwards in the stalls now as theres decent legroom and with the rake its easy to see everything.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It won't matter - it's a great show. One of the best musicals I have seen (says a biased Kinks fan). Seriously - Royal Circle near an aisle if you have long legs.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think I've used theatremonkey for this theatre too
Certainly used something similar - perhaps it was just the theatre's map of seats
I've been a few times and, like others have said, you do get a better view and a bit more leg room further back - I always try to sit at the end of a row as there always appears to be a bit more leg room

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Went last week (Xmas prezzie) and had to move back at half time because of the uncomfortable seats.

Have to say also that, in an older audience, the air was heavy with hairspray and perfumes, way too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here