Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield set to sign Van La Parra.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I have it on excellent authority, that Huddersfield are set to land Van La Parra. Having just signed Joe Mason from Cardiff, RVLP is most definately surplus to requirements at Molyneaux, and Huddersfield's bid, is set to be accepted.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I liked him as a squad player but yeah Knockeart is defo miles above and when have Lua Lua, Knockaert, March and Murphy available, La Parra properly be last in that group. But i still like him and think can offer something for us short term at least

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I have it on excellent authority, that Huddersfield are set to land Van La Parra. Having just signed Joe Mason from Cardiff, RVLP is most definately surplus to requirements at Molyneaux, and Huddersfield's bid, is set to be accepted.

Your excellent authority really is a bit behind the times....this is not news. I guess we weren't interested as we had other irons in the fire...ie Sidwell and or ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Your excellent authority really is a bit behind the times....this is not news. I guess we weren't interested as we had other irons in the fire...ie Sidwell and or ?

Well I bow to your superior knowledge. Certainly it was the first I'd heard of it, when my excited Terriers supporting mate rang me with the news.

I agree though, Knockaert is the superior player, so I promise not to get too upset that Van La Parra, seemingly, is bound elswhere.

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014

If that happens, that'll be a good signing, for them. I can't wait to see more of Knocky, hopefully a few goals to come from him too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I liked this guy but Knocky is a far better signing.Move on

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
To be honest, I'd have been okay with signing Van La Parra at the start of the transfer window. However, we've moved on. As said earlier on this thread, Knockaert is a far better player. Good luck to Van La Parra if it's true. He always gave his all for us and was much better than the wingers we had on loan last season like Carayol and Ledesma.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Called it early. The cross on his debut and the daisy trimmer at QPR aside, he is barely a Championship standard player on his best day. We've signed better, as we were always going to - he was only ever a stopgap until the window opened. It was a good use of the loan market, nothing more. Good luck to him though, no reason at all to dislike the man after his spell here, he worked hard enough and contributed to the team so I wish him the best for whatever he gets up to next.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Called it early. The cross on his debut and the daisy trimmer at QPR aside, he is barely a Championship standard player on his best day. We've signed better, as we were always going to - he was only ever a stopgap until the window opened. It was a good use of the loan market, nothing more. Good luck to him though, no reason at all to dislike the man after his spell here, he worked hard enough and contributed to the team so I wish him the best for whatever he gets up to next.

Perfectly put.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

Called what early?

Conveniently missed the sublime finish vs Derby or the fact that he was our only decent attacking player at Brentford. "Barely Championship standard" yet is signing for a team many agreed played some lovely stuff on Saturday.

Hope you enjoyed LuaLua's little cameo by the way...

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
When two of our wingers are so injury prone (KLL & SM) you kinda need at least 5 decent options. Would have happily had him for that reason alone

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I quite liked him whilst here, think he filled a gap very well at the time. Would I have wanted to sign him permanently?, not particularly, and especially not now we've got much better in Knockaert.

I like to think his loan spell with us was good for all concerned. Helped us out and put him in the shop window. He put it in with us I felt and made some valuable contributions so I'm pleased things have worked out for him. I wish him nothing but the very best at his new club. It's nice to have happy endings to a story, however short the story is.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Reasonable championship player but would be 5th choice when LuaLua, Murphy, Knockaert and Rosenior are fit. Not a bad impact sub but not what's needed. Gave his all and did some good things for us though. Wish him the best.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Joe mason going to Wolves according to Sky

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here