Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sign Norwegian prospect [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion have confirmed the signing of Norwegian teenager Henrik Bjordal.
The 18-year-old has joined the Seagulls from Aalesunds for an undisclosed fee on a two-and-a-half-year contract.
Manager Chris Hughton has urged Bjordal to show he is capable of making the step up from initial involvement in the under-21s squad to the first team ranks.
Hughton said: "He's an exciting young prospect, a quick player who can play as a winger or attacking midfielder.
"He already has a good deal of experience for his age, having played a great number of games at senior level in Norway's top division.
"He broke through to the senior team in Norway at a very young age and established himself quickly at his club. He will begin with our under-21 squad and has the opportunity to make that step up into our first team squad."
The under-21s'*last 16 League Cup tie*against Everton tomorrow night at Southport has been postponed until February 9 (7pm) dut to a waterlogged pitch.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
I hope I'm wrong, but is this going to be yet another "rising star" who disappears into the Development Squad, never to be heard of again until he signs for a lower division European club eighteen months from now? I'm still waiting for Spanish Jack to strut his stuff on the big stage..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here