Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***WHC IX: Quarter final 4***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The fourth of our quarter finals and it's a really intriguing one. On the one hand we have the peoples champ, a beast with tremendous vocal backing but, like Jimmy White, seems to fall at the final hurdle against a relative newby who has gained some real traction with the supporter base this season. Who's going to come out on top? The gnarled veteran or the exuberant (tournament)youth?

Malayan Sun Bear

sun-bear-in-captivity-at-the-columbus-zoo-powell-ohio-ryan-e-poplin.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_bear

WHC IX performance:

Second round: Beat African Elephant 63-29
Group D: 2nd 25 votes(21.37%)

The Malayan Sun Bear is in his second season in the WHC. He barely made a ripple last season but this year, from the nominations thread on he has been making bigger and bigger waves. Why? Mostly because of its attitude and aggression. The bear don't give a ****. He's an aggressive little bugger(the smallest bear) that will attack for no perceivable reason and when it does attack there's no mucking about-it goes straight for the head, trying to rip its victims face off and destroy its skull.

Vs

Honey Badger

maxresdefault.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

WHC IX performance:

Second round: beat Japanese Giant Hornet 75-36
Group C: 1st 45 votes(31.47%)

The honey badger is one of the WHC greats. A three time finalist and multiple semi finalist he has the most devoted fans in the competition. It's easy to see why-he's basically made for the competition. He's small but extremely powerful. He's aggressive and fights with animals many times his size(Lions for example). His thick, loose skin allows him to continue fighting when he's in the jaws of a bigger beast. He can take a battering and give out a worse one. He eats poisonous snakes for breakfast. Is he the complete package? Does he have enough to see of the Malayan Sun Bear? You decide.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The Sun Bear is delightfully hard. Attacks for no reason, and goes for a face-maim when it does. Despite being the smallest of all bears. Lovely.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like the Sun Bear. The WHC is the winner in this contest. Obviously I've championed the HB many times and would love it to progress, but I'd also be more than happy to see the Sun Bear get as far as possible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The honey badger's mouth looks photoshopped in that picture.

Hardly a surprise. Fans of this frankly shìt competitor will stoop to anything really, as we all know.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can someone provide evidence of the Sun Bear actually being hard. All the photos I've seen so far make it appear kind of cuddly.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Sun Bear would wipe its arse with the badger.

This an easy win for the Bear.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well, I'm not voting out of protest at the mouse beating the shark, but I will point out that I've met many a sun-bear in the jungles of Borneo, and they have all without exception turned tail and run away from me. It has never 'attacked for no reason'.

however the badger is a little shit so I hope the bear wins.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
If people are really going to create accounts to rig the vote, which is a fantastically strange thing to do with your time, perhaps voting should be restricted to accounts with over 50 or 100 posts? Or accounts at least a month old?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here